ANAN-7000DLE with I7 Windows 10 no speaker output

Baselma8860

ANAN-7000DLE with I7 Windows 10 no speaker output

Postby Baselma8860 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:50 pm

Can anyone help me with using speakers with a ANAN-7000DLE MKII with the onboard computer/I7 processor? External speakers work fine using Thesis but if I want to just use the computer and say listen to music on You tube I cannot find the speakers I want to use. Im using the HP port on the back of the radio that Im told is wired parallel to the front headphone port so no difference there. right now I can hear music through my monitor speakers but they are pretty sad.

thanks!!!
w-u-2-o

Re: ANAN-7000DLE with I7 Windows 10 no speaker output

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:11 am

The speaker outputs on the back, and the headphone output on the front, represent a special sound interface available only to Thetis (not "Thesis" ;) ) They cannot be used for anything except radio audio. They are not accessible by Windows or any other app running under Windows, only Thetis.

This leaves you with only the interfaces specific to the internal PC. The model number of the internal PC when it was first introduced (it may have changed since then) was NUC8i7BEH. You should be able to do a web search on the specifications. However, just glancing at the available connectors on the PC-equipped 7000's, for audio from Windows and Windows app's you will have to either a) use the PC headphone jack on the back panel, b) use HDMI audio (it seems you are already doing that), or c) add an external USB audio interface.

There are a wide variety of external USB interfaces you can purchase, from the cheap crap to very high end stuff.
Baselma8860

Postby Baselma8860 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:48 pm

Thanks for the help! option A works fine, was hoping that I wouldnt have to switch back and forth so will explore options b and c.

Thanks again!!
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:07 pm

All options will have you "switching back and forth" unless you do one of the following:

- Set up two sets of speakers

or

- Use an external audio mixer into one set of speakers

or

- Switch to using VAC audio for the radio and centralize all your audio via Windows.

The latter method is very popular.

Return to “Microphones, Speakers & Audio Hardware”