Line input for microphone - Anan 7000 DLE MKII

qst

Line input for microphone - Anan 7000 DLE MKII

Postby qst » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:59 pm

I use a DAW and a few plug-ins to process the microphone signal. An RME PciEx audio card is installed in the computer. When I connect the output of the card to the line input of Anan, I can hear quite a lot of hum with the mic turned off. I did not test when I turn on the output from the audio card to the microphone jack. I need to assemble another cable. I don't have a transformer to isolate ground. I also didn't use VAC because it probably creates latency and you can't use the ASIO driver from the audio card. What experience do you have with DAW-Anan cooperation to get a clean SSB signal without hum.
73's
de
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Re: Line input for microphone - Anan 7000 DLE MKII

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:48 pm

qst wrote:I use a DAW and a few plug-ins to process the microphone signal.

Why not use the built-in features of Thetis? Surely two stages of 10-band, semi-parametric EQ, two stages of single band compression (leveler and ALC), and one stage of 10-band semi-parametric compression (CFC) are enough? And a fully adjustable expander/VOX. And a phase rotator, too.

An RME PciEx audio card is installed in the computer. When I connect the output of the card to the line input of Anan, I can hear quite a lot of hum with the mic turned off. I did not test when I turn on the output from the audio card to the microphone jack. I need to assemble another cable. I don't have a transformer to isolate ground. I also didn't use VAC because it probably creates latency and you can't use the ASIO driver from the audio card.

Why can't you use ASIO? The RME product line includes ASIO drivers. Thetis VAC supports ASIO. You can also use Voicemeeter from VB Audio to make the ASIO connection if want more control.

VAC with ASIO has less latency than the path from the mic or line-in connectors on the 7000.

What experience do you have with DAW-Anan cooperation to get a clean SSB signal without hum.

Use a transformer if going out to analog and back in. Or use VAC.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:51 pm

You might also revisit any balanced-to-unbalanced cables you built. See: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2790&p=5386
qst

Postby qst » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:14 am

Hi Scott,
Thank you for your answer. There are no cable diagrams at the link you provided. But these are simple things. I'll try some isolation transformer. I will also try to transmit the signal via VAC. I've never done it. I understand that you need to install the "Muzychenko" virtual cables first? I use CFC to a limited extent so that the signal is not too aggressive.
73"p
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:26 pm

qst wrote:Hi Scott,
Thank you for your answer. There are no cable diagrams at the link you provided.

There certainly are:

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (146.79 KiB) Viewed 3133 times

You have to adapt these to your application, but they show various means of achieving a balanced to unbalanced transition. Some methods are better than others, as shown.

I understand that you need to install the "Muzychenko" virtual cables first?

I recommend Voicemeeter Potato over the Muzy virtual cable software.
qst

Postby qst » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:30 pm

Hi, I fitted a Neutrik transformer and now there is a clear signal. I have never tried Potato Voicemeeter. Maybe in a few days I will try it. The important thing is that I solved another problem. Thank you for your support.
Slawomir

Return to “Microphones, Speakers & Audio Hardware”