Voicekeyer and streaming

USB headsets to digital audio workstation software...
StefanoAlvaro

Voicekeyer and streaming

Postby StefanoAlvaro » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:34 pm

Hi all, I hope to use the correct section for the question I'm going to ask.
Searching the forum I have some indications from Ernst that could be useful but I don't know how to implement them.
I would like to be able to assign the "voicekeyer" function to some keys (I've always used the Yaesu keypad a lot) to be able to transmit some recorded voice messages (CQ Dx..., my call, etc..).
The current way is to press the ptt and transmit from the wawe window, but it is very inconvenient, is there the possibility to do everything with a single press of a key?

Another thing, sometimes I stream or record with OBS some instants of activity, by activating the VAC the rx audio is picked up but the tx audio remains silent. The only way is to activate the Monitor function, but I don't like it because it annoys me a lot to hear my voice (with late), and I never use headphones. Is there a way to also have the tx audio (already processed by the CFC) in the recordings? Thank you
w-u-2-o

Re: Voicekeyer and streaming

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:33 am

Nope, not the right place to post. These are not really Thetis questions, as they are things that can only be solved by using other software applications.

For voice keying, the preeminent solution is N1MM. N1MM has the one button voice keying capability you seek and contesters the world over use it.

The only way to get both transmit audio into your stream is to do the mix outside of Thetis. IMHO the easiest way to do this is to use VAC exclusively for all Thetis audio. Connect a microphone to your PC. Install Voicemeeter Potato. Connect N1MM to a virtual channel in Voicemeeter. Connect Thetis to the second virtual channel in Voicemeeter. Connect OBS to the third virtual channel in Voicemeeter. Connect the mic to a hardware input in Voicemeeter. Then mix and route in Voicemeeter to your heart's content.
StefanoAlvaro

Postby StefanoAlvaro » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:27 am

kk Scott, many tnx
RobB

Postby RobB » Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:04 pm

Streaming aspect aside I am amazed that Thetis does not have a rapid access voice keyer with on screen buttons.
Why is this not a Thetis question? The recording and playback functionality already exists all it needs is a convenient UI implementation. I don't use N1MM and loading it just fro the voice keyer seems over the top.

w-u-2-o wrote:Nope, not the right place to post. These are not really Thetis questions, as they are things that can only be solved by using other software applications.

For voice keying, the preeminent solution is N1MM. N1MM has the one button voice keying capability you seek and contesters the world over use it.

w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:29 pm

And I'm amazed that Thetis doesn't have built in buttons for programmable CAT macros.

Not really amazed, of course...

Consider that Thetis is fully open source and developed by volunteers doing it for the love of the hobby. Consider also that the number of folks who have done substantial work on it over the last few years is probably less than ten, maybe less than five. It's enough of a niche product that it simply does not attract the scores of developers that other open source projects do.

It's therefore amazing that Thetis is as feature-rich as it is. But you've been in the community for a couple of years so you already know this.

Folks have been asking for all kinds of enhancements to Thetis. Unless and until there comes a developer who is interested in and wants to work on one or more particular enhancements they remain just thoughts on a list. You can see the list and submit your own enhancement request at the main Thetis software repository here.

Return to “Digital ("Virtual") Audio”