New Apache Labs 1.5KW Linear Amplifier

w9ac

New Apache Labs 1.5KW Linear Amplifier

Postby w9ac » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:43 pm

New from Apache Labs:

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/1064/ANAN-1K5-HF--6M-1500W-Linear-Amplifier-Preorder.html

Four antenna ports, LAN connectivity, Dual ART1k6 LDMOS, PS output, Noctua fans, RZ1ZR's display and priced well below the Mercury Lux for the first 50 preorders.

Tech specs show a 10W input option but it cannot be imported that way into the U.S. at the present time. However, the end user can replace the standard 13 dB input pad with a 3 dB pad from Ali Express. That will yield 1500W in one step from Hermes-class QRP transceivers.

For importation into the U.S., it will require FCC Certification. Their June, 2024 delivery forecast is overly optimistic for U.S. imports.

Paul, W9AC
Tony EI7BMB

Re: New Apache Labs 1.5KW Linear Amplifier

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:43 am

Looks nice but I'd be wary of shelling out $1500 on something that might never materialise.
RobB

Postby RobB » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:56 am

I'd be interested how Apache have implemented the control board. From the specs it appears the control board is at least compatible with Rz1ZR's latest version. He does a very good job with the software (I have a VKamp running his software) but his hardware implementation is Ho Hum with a bunch of cheap Chinese modules soldered to a back plane. Hopefully Apache have re-engineered this critical part of the amp.
FYI you can see more about the software at RZ1Zr.ru
The other question is if the amp is complete with power supply?
dl4zbg

Postby dl4zbg » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:06 pm

RobB wrote:I'd be interested how Apache have implemented the control board. From the specs it appears the control board is at least compatible with Rz1ZR's latest version. He does a very good job with the software (I have a VKamp running his software) but his hardware implementation is Ho Hum with a bunch of cheap Chinese modules soldered to a back plane. Hopefully Apache have re-engineered this critical part of the amp.
FYI you can see more about the software at RZ1Zr.ru
The other question is if the amp is complete with power supply?

- 100-250VAC input voltage in the specs and the photo of the backplane should be clear enough.
- no comment on the T/R- switching circuit. I think they will continue to use ordinary relays, no vacuum relays (ACOM) or PIN (Elecraft, RFkits)
- AL has a lot of experience with 100W pa stages, BUT

designing an amp running at 1.5k that is reliable is somehow - let's call it "adult themes". It is up to you if you want to be a beta- tester.

73 es gl

Volker
DL4ZBG
(running RFK2-S and ACOM 2000A - best of both worlds)
dj1yr

Postby dj1yr » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:24 am

dl4zbg wrote:
Volker
DL4ZBG
(running RFK2-S and ACOM 2000A - best of both worlds)

running RFK2-S... a good joke... ...there were also beta testers who had the LDMOS blown up ...

Protection circuit with µC is too slow...

The rf concept is copied as always, will work, every now and then someone will cry out and change the LDMOS, as with almost all LDMOS PAs.

Return to “Amplifiers & Tuners”