Release: Gemini Multi Control

oe3ide

Release: Gemini Multi Control

Postby oe3ide » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXpCbwlSOOM

For those who have a Gemini amp and want to get rid of OmniRig ;-)

73 Ernst

geminimulticontrol.jpg
geminimulticontrol.jpg (36.72 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
ea3aqr

Re: Release: Gemini Multi Control

Postby ea3aqr » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:34 pm

Nice job Ernst!

Unfortunately my Gemini DX 1200 blowed out one of the LDMOS yesterday evening.
After inspecting firmware's log, Rogers says it was due to a 2:1 SWR peak (my antennas are resonant at 1.2:1 :shock: ). Unfortunately Gemini SWR protection triggers at 2.5:1.

So, I must send the amp back to Roger for a repair...

I'll test your software when I get the amp back.
New call sign EA3CL
oe3ide

Postby oe3ide » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Ahhhh...thats bad..
I hope you will get back the amp soon!

73 Ernst
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:36 pm

oe3ide wrote:Ahhhh...thats bad..
I hope you will get back the amp soon!

73 Ernst

I expect about 3 weeks... pick up is scheduled for tomorrow.
New call sign EA3CL
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:34 am

Hi Ernst,

In the drop down band menu there is no option to select 70Mhz. The Gemini DX 1200 can work up to 4m.

I have also another proposal after I blowed up this week one of the LDMOS in mi Gemini... could you please make the control window flash red (Thetis style or better, the whole window!) when SWR is bigger than 2:1?

It would also be very nice if the entire window, including the buttons, could be resized. Right now, the program window doesn't fit in my crowded screen setup.

Thanks

Jordi
New call sign EA3CL
oe3ide

Postby oe3ide » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:12 am

Hi Jordi,

I added a model-selection to the setup (HF-1K, DX1200).
If DX1200 is selected, you will have 70MHz in the drop-down and also automatic band-switching for 70MHz.

Release 1.0.6 https://www.oe3ide.com/gemini-multi-control-by-oe3ide/

high SWR:
I could implement this, but I guess it will not be fast enough. The query via tcpip happens 20x per seconds..
Maybe Roger (DXShop) can implement a threshold value for high SWR in the amplifiers firmware. The amp could then trip exactly on your desired SWR value.
btw: my amp keying line runs 1st thru Telepost LP100, which cuts the keying if SWR > 1,8 (first line of defense).

I am not sure, if its possible to disable PTT out on the Anan on high SWR... Maybe you post a request in the wishlist-thread.

It would also be very nice if the entire window, including the buttons, could be resized. Right now, the program window doesn't fit in my crowded screen setup.

Crowded screen...yes I now that ;-)
Unfortunatly there is no scaling in windows forms (vb.net). I made it as small as possible and as large as required.
For all that extra stuff (like amp-control, ant-switch-control, 4square-control, etc.) I am using a portable monitor (USB3.0/hdmi) (like this one https://www.amazon.de/Portable-Monitor- ... B08TLZYPFV)

73 Ernst

place of fun.jpg
place of fun.jpg (664.39 KiB) Viewed 2499 times
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:25 am

oe3ide wrote:Hi Jordi,

I added a model-selection to the setup (HF-1K, DX1200).
If DX1200 is selected, you will have 70MHz in the drop-down and also automatic band-switching for 70MHz.

Release 1.0.6 https://www.oe3ide.com/gemini-multi-control-by-oe3ide/

high SWR:
I could implement this, but I guess it will not be fast enough. The query via tcpip happens 20x per seconds..
Maybe Roger (DXShop) can implement a threshold value for high SWR in the amplifiers firmware. The amp could then trip exactly on your desired SWR value.
btw: my amp keying line runs 1st thru Telepost LP100, which cuts the keying if SWR > 1,8 (first line of defense).

I am not sure, if its possible to disable PTT out on the Anan on high SWR... Maybe you post a request in the wishlist-thread.

73 Ernst

Ernst,

Thanks for the new release!

I don't know if it will be fast enough, but at least we'll have an aditional warning system that could prevent a failure like mine.

Yes, I've talked about the treshold value with Roger, he will set mine to a lower level.
I'm still thinking about setting it to 1.8:1, 1.9:1 or 2:1. It is doable...

Disable PTT on the Anan is useless... when the radio is connected to the amplifier, it always has a perfect 50 ohm match.
Only the amplifier can see the real SWR at the antenna feed point.

Jordi
New call sign EA3CL
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:53 pm

oe3ide wrote:Crowded screen...yes I now that ;-)
Unfortunatly there is no scaling in windows forms (vb.net). I made it as small as possible and as large as required.
One thing you might consider is to make available several different layouts. All roughly equivalent in area, but perhaps one that is short and wide (horizontal) and one that is thin and high (vertical). These additional layouts might fit better into a wider variety of window arrangements.
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:40 pm

Thanks for the new release!

I agree with Wu2o idea!
New call sign EA3CL

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”