N1MM Spectrum Display display offset in SSB in Thetis

W7GES

N1MM Spectrum Display display offset in SSB in Thetis

Postby W7GES » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:23 pm

Hi,

Using Thetis v2.8.11 21k9 I have a small discrepancy with the offset of the spectrum display in N1MM.

I fully realize this may be an issue with my settings and not the implementation of the bandscope.

I created a short video to show the issue at: https://youtu.be/H-kOJ-q1vpc

Let me know if others see this as well or if I have a setting that needs to be adjusted.

Thanks,

George / W7GES
ramdor

Re: N1MM Spectrum Display display offset in SSB in Thetis

Postby ramdor » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:40 pm

I watched the video, where is it appearing in Thetis? I understand it appears correctly when you switch to the Kenwood, but you ddidn't show where it is in Thetis (I assume 7.2 ?)

Richie.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:33 pm

Update:

I have fixed this George, it has taken a while to notice it ;) I will release update later tonight, or tomorrow. 21k9c no doubt.

Thanks, Richie.
W7GES

Postby W7GES » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:14 pm

Thanks Richie,

I didn't have Thetis showing in that video as I'm running it on it's own computer.

I do have Thetis on my shack computer but I was having an intermittent problem that I was trying to document. I was using the base v2.8.11 Thetis version on the desktop connected directly to the Anan.

I was trying to isolate the network switch for my trouble-shooting.

After swapping cables for rig 1 and rig 2 at the tower antenna switch I still had the intermittent problem on the Anan but the Kenwood was not having any issues.

It wound up being a loose connector at the lightning arrestor in the shack entry cabinet. Argggh! After tightening the spurious signals on the bandscope, the intermittent high swr and Anan locking in transmit all were cured! haha

I'll update the local Thetis version before making any more videos

Thanks for fixing the bandscope alignment issue!

George / W7GES
W7GES

Postby W7GES » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:13 pm

Richie,

Thanks for the N1MM bandscope fix. It works great now!

Your implementation of the Thetis -> N1MM bandscope stream inspired me to make one for my TS-890.

I used a Node-Red flow that allows multiple connections to the TS-890 TCP port and added the TS-890 bandscope conversion and N1MM UDP xml.

George / W7GES

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”