Cat Setup in Thetis

Hadlejeff

Cat Setup in Thetis

Postby Hadlejeff » Tue May 10, 2022 4:59 pm

I just received the 7000-dle mkII the other day and I'm trying to setup a virtual connection between Thetis and WSJT-x. I have voicemeeter Banana loaded and apparently connected to computers audio as displayed in one of the virtual inputs in the banana. My apparent problem is with setting up CAT Control in Thetis. No ports show up in the port drop down list and as a result I cannot enable CAT. Do you have any suggestions? Is there something I need to do with the computer?
w-u-2-o

Re: Cat Setup in Thetis

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue May 10, 2022 5:15 pm

Just like you need virtual audio cable software to move the audio between applications, you need virtual serial port software to move serial CAT information between applications.

The three most common virtual serial port software app's are com0com, VSPM, and Eterlogic VSPE.

My personal choice is Eterlogic VSPE. It does cost $25 for the 64 bit version, but IMHO it is the most flexible and stable of the three. After that my pick would be com0com.

Without getting into step-by-step, the short answer is you load the virtual serial port software, reboot so the drivers are loaded, create a port pair, e.g. COM20 and COM21, assign COM20 to Thetis and COM21 to WSJT-X.
Hadlejeff

Postby Hadlejeff » Sun May 29, 2022 7:44 pm

Thanks for the help. I am using VSPE and Voicemeeter Banana with the WSJX application as per your advice. Everything seems to work well.

My next project is to setup the MMSSTV application (Slow scan TV) with Thetis. I'm using the VM Banana and trying to setup com 16 for CAT control the transmit function. The MMSSTV app recognizes the audio but wont work in transmit mode. Thetis When I select Transmit nothing happens. The MMSSTV generated audio appears in the Bananna but no transmit in Thetis. Any ideas on how to get this app to work in transmit mode? Setup suggestions?
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun May 29, 2022 11:51 pm

MMSSTV is wicked old. It is likely that it can't deal with COM ports with double digit port numbers. Try setting up a port pair where one port is something like COM7 and assign that single digit port to MMSSTV.

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”