ANAN-7000DLE-MKii I7 Thetis and WSJT-X rig failure

Baselma8860

ANAN-7000DLE-MKii I7 Thetis and WSJT-X rig failure

Postby Baselma8860 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:38 pm

Anyone want to take a stab at this? Working fine until it didnt. Rig Failure message from WSJT-X . Thought maybe I lost the database in Thetis so reInstalled a previous saved version, didnt help, checked Thetis Cat Control settings and PTT settings, they are good, they match WSJT-X, settings in in the General, radio, audio and advanced tabs. Did a clean new install of WSJT-X Vers 2.5.4 no joy same results Here is the Rig Failure message from WSJT-X

Screenshot 2022-08-19 092438.png
Screenshot 2022-08-19 092438.png (26.86 KiB) Viewed 3860 times
Last edited by Baselma8860 on Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
w-u-2-o

Re: ANAN-7000DLE-MKii I7 bricked Thetis and WSJT-X rig failure

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:24 pm

First of all, please don't use the word "bricked" in the title of your post. "Bricked" has a very specific connotation in our community, it means that the firmware in the ANAN is hopelessly corrupted and will have to be reloaded using a JTAG programming pod (aka "byte blaster" or "USB blaster"). "Bricked" gets the blood flowing! Please edit your post to change the title.

Second, this being a digital mode setup issue the topic has been moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

Third, if you had searched the forum for "wsjt-x", you would have found this topic, and the answers: https://community.apache-labs.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4270&p=21082
Baselma8860

Postby Baselma8860 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:49 am

Right Now it is a brick, started the computer/radio yesterday morning, got the error message I posted earlier. Now windows wont load and I I get the blue screen of death. Sorry to bother will look elsewhere for help with my brick err, boat anchor,,, POS
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:15 am

It sounds like your PC has suffered some sort of major failure. This certainly cannot be blamed on the radio. And of course the PC must be repaired before the help that was clearly offered in my previous post can be utilized.

It is likely that once the PC is repaired (software, OS, or hardware repair as required) the problem will go away, and that the initial problem was merely the first symptom of the PC's degradation.
Joe

Re: ANAN-7000DLE-MKii I7 Thetis and WSJT-X rig failure

Postby Joe » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:53 am

I’m sorry, I’ve got to say something here, and I mean this with all respect to this forum. There is no way the radio can cause windows to not load independently. I do hope you get the computer error repaired, you will be very happy with the 7000, after all corrected. When someone is answering your question for help and from what I’ve seen for a very long time it has mainly been Scott that answers everyone, he does not deserve that response. I know I probably shouldn’t have posted this but this forum has and is very helpful to many and is much appreciated, thank you very much Scott, WU20.

Joe
WD5Y
vk6cpu

Postby vk6cpu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:36 am

Looking at your WSJT-x radio setup rings alarm bells with me.

Is there a reason to be usiing a different/second com port and RTS for PTT Method ?

Normally, WSJT-x and JDTX etc all run fine with CAT selected for PTT Method.
All the best
Nigel
VK6CPU

Anan 8000 DLE, Thetis v2.9.0.8, Protocol 2 V2 1.18
INTEL i9 12900 64.0 GB Ram
Baselma8860

Postby Baselma8860 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:01 am

Joe wrote:I’m sorry, I’ve got to say something here, and I mean this with all respect to this forum. There is no way the radio can cause windows to not load independently. I do hope you get the computer error repaired, you will be very happy with the 7000, after all corrected. When someone is answering your question for help and from what I’ve seen for a very long time it has mainly been Scott that answers everyone, he does not deserve that response. I know I probably shouldn’t have posted this but this forum has and is very helpful to many and is much appreciated, thank you very much Scott, WU20.

Joe
WD5Y

Joe, My 7000DLE has the embedded computer on the chassis, in the case. I realize the radio will not cause the embedded computer or maybe on your rig a desktop to not load independently. Sorry for the salty verbiage but yesterday was frustration overload and today is not much better. It all started with the rig errors and went downhill from there with a restart of the computer. I bought this radio thinking that the onboard computer would be great but now not so much. Until I get the embedded computer working appropriately and running the apps consistently its just an expensive show piece. I understand the meaning of "bricked" now and have edited the title to this thread. Would love to do step three of my online spanking but that will have to wait. Sure the radio is probably just fine but I bought it for the computer as well to work in unison as touted. I'm hoping its just a software issue, Windows 10 reload. so now I need to figure out which function keys to use to get into the bios, F1, F2, F10, esc, del...
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:26 am

Baselma8860 wrote:Joe, My 7000DLE has the embedded computer on the chassis, in the case. I realize the radio will not cause the embedded computer or maybe on your rig a desktop to not load independently.

Now that we know you've got one of the 7000's with the internal PC, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that some sort of internal RFI problem caused the internal PC to malfunction. However it is low probability. In any case, as you wrote, repairing the OS, and NUC hardware if necessary, has got to be the first order of business, if only to see if there really is a hardware problem with the internal PC, or an RF issue that is causing it to get out of whack.

I bought this radio thinking that the onboard computer would be great but now not so much.

Definitely agreed. Having the PC inside the ANAN is a great space saver but not much else. It is harder to update/upgrade/maintain the hardware, and the Intel NUC (the model of the internal PC) is very expensive compared to other PC form factors. The NUC also has a limited amount of IO available.

Until I get the embedded computer working appropriately and running the apps consistently its just an expensive show piece.

You could, at least temporarily, use any other PC you might have. Just reconfigure where the Ethernet to the radio hardware side goes.

I'm hoping its just a software issue, Windows 10 reload. so now I need to figure out which function keys to use to get into the bios, F1, F2, F10, esc, del...

F2 will get you into the BIOS. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006714/intel-nuc.html

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”