Thetis and Node-Red for Ham Radio

wx7y

Thetis and Node-Red for Ham Radio

Postby wx7y » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:28 pm

Hello to the group, Using the TCP/IP server built into Thetis 2.0.9.6 we created these flows that may be of interest to someone.
This brings running Remote one step closer I think for those that want to venture down that path. This is ALL on the same network mind you or over a VPN.

I have with a lot of help wrote a couple of flows for my Station here where I had the 7000DLE when (I get one again after my new one was a bad Radio) is used in the main operating position and I have the 4O3A TGXL, and PGXL using their port B of their SO2R capabilities and the Elecraft LPA500 out in my shop in my equipment rack.
Using Node-RED on a couple Raspberry Pi's one in the house, which is a Pi4 and does ALL the heavy lifting with all the associated flows and the other, a Pi3B outside in the Rack with the RF Equipment. The Pi4 in the house does much of the heavy lifting where all the FLOWs are located that control everything and the other Pi3B out in the Rack creates a Node-RED USB RS-232 gateway to allow control of the Amps, and the Tuner from the Operating position or anywhere else I have WEB access. This makes a pretty slick WEB based control panel. (Note: I would only use FTDI cables if you use more than ONE FTDI USB-RS232 Cable I would put a USB POWERED HUB to protect the Pi3B)

The Node-RED associated Flows are located in the Files section under the radio Tabs at "https://groups.io/g/nodered-hamradio/files/%211%21%20Flows%20by%20Type/RADIOS"
The first one for the Pi4 is "ANAN7000 with_mqqt FLOW.json" and the associated Flow for the Pi3B is the "WX7Y Mosquitto Remote gateway.json"

The Flows for the PGXL, TGXL I used where the WO2X's Flows and the KPG500 was KB8CR / WO2X flow. These were slightly modified.
ANYWAY this is just a start but shows what the possibilities would be for a Smarter than me person.
Attachments
ANAN-7000DLE Amps and tuner flows.png
ANAN-7000DLE Amps and tuner flows.png (86.28 KiB) Viewed 2080 times

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”