PAT Winlink

vk2atw

PAT Winlink

Postby vk2atw » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:47 am

Hi
Has anyone got PAT Winlink running with Thetis? I've configured the PAT software to try and connect with Thetis via the TCP/IP CAT connection. I understand PAT uses Hamlib and hence should be compatible?

However when I start "pat http" I get an error message saying PAT cannot read frequency.

thanks for any pointers.

Regards
Alan (VK2ATW)
w-u-2-o

Re: PAT Winlink

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Winlink and VarAC are the only things I use that don't have TCP/IP CAT support. I fussed with PAT Winlink just to get TCP/IP CAT. I found PAT to be so clunky and immature during the setup process that I never bothered to get it running and went back to Winlink.
vk2atw

Re: PAT Winlink

Postby vk2atw » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:25 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Winlink and VarAC are the only things I use that don't have TCP/IP CAT support. I fussed with PAT Winlink just to get TCP/IP CAT. I found PAT to be so clunky and immature during the setup process that I never bothered to get it running and went back to Winlink.

Yes I tend to agree. I got Winlink Express working straight away but though I would try PAT because i like to support OSS. VarAC is working well here.

I'll keep trying with PAT a bit longer and will report back here if i have any success.

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”