RTTY software with TCP/IP control to work with Thetis

GW4NNO

RTTY software with TCP/IP control to work with Thetis

Postby GW4NNO » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:29 pm

I have Thetis working fine with WSJTX for the digital modes on my Anan 7000DLE Mk ii but I'd now like to try RTTY too. Can anyone recommend some good freeware for RTTY that has TCP/IP control to work with Thetis so I don't need to use virtual com ports. Thanks very much in advance of any suggestions.

Terry GW4NNO
PD3LK

Re: RTTY software with TCP/IP control to work with Thetis

Postby PD3LK » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:04 pm

Hi Terry,

You don't need a VSerialP but a virtual audio cable (VAC) to send the Thetis audio (or any other SDR program) to a decoder.

You can make your feet wet with the Fldigi decoder wich has many decoders besides RTTY: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi and a,
VAC like https://vac.muzychenko.net/en/download.htm (use the free Lite version)

Succes & 73, Leon
73 PD3LK Leon
rsaue

Postby rsaue » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:06 pm

GW4NNO wrote:I have Thetis working fine with WSJTX for the digital modes on my Anan 7000DLE Mk ii but I'd now like to try RTTY too. Can anyone recommend some good freeware for RTTY that has TCP/IP control to work with Thetis so I don't need to use virtual com ports. Thanks very much in advance of any suggestions.

Hi,

FLdigi will do this for you. Use the Hamlib CAT option in Fldigi setup.

73 de LB2EG Richard
GW4NNO

Postby GW4NNO » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:44 pm

Thanks very much guys! I already have a VAC installed and working so I'll certainly give Fldigi a try.

Great quick response to questions on here!

Terry. GW4NNO.
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:35 pm

You're welcome. When you have the FLdigi decoder working then follow Richards advice... install HamLib

Don't forgett to read the install help txt about how to add the directory "C:\Program Files\hamlib-w64-4.5.5\bin" to your Windows PATH
If you encounter problems with the PATH setting in your Windows envirement then let us know and tell wich Windows version you use.

FLDigi works great in combination with HamLib and Thetis, such as frequency and mode settings.
I find the CW decoder in FLdigi superb too.
73 PD3LK Leon
GW4NNO

Postby GW4NNO » Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:17 pm

Hi Leon, thanks for your further reply.

Well I am pleased to report that I have Fldigi working and decoding RTTY. Haven't tried any other digital modes yet though. One question, I have not installed Hamlib separately. Do I need to? what will it enable me to do that I can't do with just the Fldigi install? I am using the Hamlib option for rig control from within Fldigi so I would think it is already installed. Is there something I am missing?

Terry, GW4NNO
GW4NNO

Postby GW4NNO » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:08 pm

Sorry I forgot to say I have Windows 11 Home version 23H2. I have now Idea how to add this PATH variable for Hamlib!

Terry, GW4NNO
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:23 pm

Hi, no, HamLib has to be installed once.

If you can control Thetis (freq, mode) from within FLdigi than it's working fine already.

If it doesn't do that, than add the directory "C:\Program Files\hamlib-w64-4.5.5\bin" to your Windows PATH
The path (hamlib-w64-4.5.5/bin) depends on the version ofcource.

Look at attached picture, it's from my Dutch Win11 but i think it's usable, just follow the steps.
Doing this allows other programs - that are able to use HamLib - to find HamLib's DLL's.

Regards, Leon
Attachments
Set PATH Win11.png
Set PATH Win11.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 7140 times
73 PD3LK Leon
GW4NNO

Postby GW4NNO » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:48 pm

Well, this is all very strange. I can't even find a Hamlib folder in program files on my system! Fldigi shows the frequency my rig is tuned to and the rig goes in to transmit when I click tune or the T/R button so as far as I can tell the rig control is working. I am totally confused. I didn't see any install readme about this either. Where would I find the install help txt you referred to?. All I( saw when I installed Fldigi was the license agreement. The version of Fldigi I have is 4.2.03. Maybe they have changed something since the version you have.

Terry. GW4NNO
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:45 pm

Hamlib does not have to be separately installed on Windows.

Any Windows app that supports Hamlib has it built-in.

Any app that is built with a recent version of Hamlib will support TCP/IP CAT. See this topic: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4249&p=25803
GW4NNO

Postby GW4NNO » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:18 pm

Thanks very much WU2O for resolving my confusion. I am now happy to leave things as they are as all is working well!

Terry. GW4NNO

Return to “Digital Mode, Rig Control & Logging Software”