fan noise (clattering)

nostatic

fan noise (clattering)

Postby nostatic » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:06 pm

Just got my 7000dle mk2 (3?) and have it up and running. The fan is quite loud, with a noise that sounds like physical contact. If I put the radio on its side the noise goes away, so I"m thinking something maybe got beat up in shipping (radio wasn't packed right from the factory) and there is some interference.

What all do I have to remove to get to the fan? There are four Phillips head screws for the screen on the bottom, but I feels like they just spin - like there is a nut on the other side that has to be held. I could just start taking everything apart but figured I'd try and be a bit more strategic.

Any help appreciated. Otherwise so far so good, running my outboard audio chain into the rear RCA and after figuring the various levels I needed to match, it sounds great.
nostatic

Re: fan noise (clattering)

Postby nostatic » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:51 am

Just to close the loop on this. Pulled the rear panel (6 hex head screws, then the retaining nuts for the bnc jacks. Gently folded it back and saw a loop of cable (looked like the fan power cable) was sitting within the housing area of the fan. Just reached in with a finger and moved the loop outside the housing, and buttoned it back up. Quick test and no clattering. And no magic smoke. Win-win.
Tony EI7BMB

Re: fan noise (clattering)

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:10 am

Glad you got it fixed. I found a piece of broken cable tie when I opened mine up.

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”