6 Meter ONLY Power output Problem

electronics-tech

6 Meter ONLY Power output Problem

Postby electronics-tech » Sat May 25, 2024 9:28 pm

I didn't know where to post this as I could not find a "ANAN HARDWARE" issues area. so I put it under everything else.

If I am wrong on that please move to the right place.

This is a new issue for me. I do not think it is software related. I can spew out all of what I have done, but suffice to say my Anan 7000DLE MKII/III on 50 Mhz will not make full output.

It is very strange. On 28Mhz in Digital USB mode if I hit the TUNE button in Thetis I get the expected 12W with the drive set to 15'ish.

On 50.125 if I do the same, I get 0W. Well more like 300mW. If I increase the drive to full it will make about 8 watts.

Using another computer with a completely independant install of Thetis, I get the exact same results. That is not right.

This looks like a hardware problem. Maybe in the low pass filtering selection in the radio. I have spent a lot of time on this checking settings in Thetis and it doesn't correct the issue.

I am also a very qualified repair tech. And I would appreciate if anyone out there has a COMPLETE set of schematics including the LPF and PA deck of the 7000 DLE MKII/III

Thanks for any help.

Ron
VE3NLS
w-u-2-o

Re: 6 Meter ONLY Power output Problem

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun May 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Have you tried adjusting the PA calibration in settings?
electronics-tech

Postby electronics-tech » Sun May 26, 2024 3:55 pm

Yes I have Scott. Nothing seems to make any difference. Not switching antenna ports, or fiddling with settings.

It looks like maybe a pre-driver before the PA deck for 6M may have failed, but I can't tell as I don't have schematics for the amp.

A CLEAN fresh install of Thetis on a different computer gives the same results. It should work just fine with that if the settings were at fault somewhere. That is my thinking.

Would there be complete schematics on this forum somewhere? Because I am out of warranty and I will crack it open and troubleshoot it.

Thanks,

Ron
VE3NLS
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon May 27, 2024 3:56 pm

The Orion MKxxx schematics are posted in the schematics sub-forum. Unfortunately, Apache still considers the RF schematics proprietary enough that they don't want them posted in a public forum. They will, however, send them to you upon request. No doubt someone on the forum here has a copy and could send them to you.
electronics-tech

Postby electronics-tech » Thu May 30, 2024 12:07 am

I would certainly appreciate that. If someone here has a complete set of Schematics I could get to troubleshooting the problem myself.

I have repaired many Flex 3000's, Xiegu's and other SDR's as well as the major brands with Knobs. I know what I am doing under the hood.

I sent an email to Apache Labs directly 3 days ago. And there has been ZERO response.

That is just no the type of support I would expect for a device of this value.

Not cool man.

Ron.
VE3NLS

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”