Spacebar doesn't end TX with PTT In connected

VK3ICM

Spacebar doesn't end TX with PTT In connected

Postby VK3ICM » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:22 am

Hopefully the correct forum..

My amp has a PTT out and I assumed the PTT-In on the 7000 was a 'TX Inhibit', allowing the amp to disable TX if it sees something amiss. When I connect the amp and the 7000 in this way, hitting the spacebar will start TX in Thetis (2.7.0), but 99% of the time tapping spacebar again to stop TX results in a relay clicking but then going back into TX. The MOX button works normally. I've tried a database reset, and played with the TX Inhibit settings, to no avail.

Any ideas? Chris
VK3ICM

Re: Spacebar doesn't end TX with PTT In connected

Postby VK3ICM » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:46 am

'Disable PTT' under Setup > General > Options > Options-1 seemed to resolve it for voice modes (space bar controls TX as normal) but breaks PTT from WSJT-X. The tooltip for that option is 'disable push to talk detection' - curious what means given spacebar still works with it enabled?

Cheers - Chris
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:05 am

PTT IN is not "inhibit". It is literally a PTT input. If you attach a switch across the center and outer conductor closing that switch will cause the radio to go into transmit.

What do you have connected to the PTT IN connector? If it's not a PTT switch it doesn't belong there.
VK3ICM

Postby VK3ICM » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:38 pm

Thanks Scott - easy fix then.

Return to “Everything Else: Antennas, Relays, Switches, Power, Grounding, Cooling, etc.”