Orion Mk III Rev 5

Bricked your radio? Can't get it to program? Ask here...
N9HLL

Orion Mk III Rev 5

Postby N9HLL » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:55 am

Apparently there is a New version of the Orion board with a different FPGA and some redesign being shipped in the new 7000`s that requires special firmware.
This from Tony at Anan
Quote:
If you have updated the firmware the radio will not work! Please find attached the correct firmware as the new batch of ANANs use an updated Orion MKII which has some improvements in design and a new FPGA,
If the heartbeat LED in the front panel is not blinking with the boot loader switch off then you have the incorrect firmware installed.
Regards,
Tony,
Apache Labs Support
end quote

The Firmware is Orion MK III rev5.rbf

I`ll spare the long story but a recent new one experienced this issue....No Hint of any mention of this in any of the normal locations or github

I`m curious as to why...knowing this would have saved a few people some major headaches
This did fix the issue

Scott if you feel this is not the correct location for this please move it
It IS something that everybody probably is going to need to be aware of.

Rick (N9HLL)
Life is too short for QRP and less than 4kc
3630 eSSB
w-u-2-o

Re: Orion Mk III Rev 5

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:27 pm

Rick,

Thanks for popping open this Pandora's Box ;)

Yes, this is a major issue, and obviously Apache did not communicate any of this to anyone. However I do have the scoop now, and I will start a separate topic momentarily.

I might delete this topic just to keep all the conversation about the issue in one place, I hope you won't mind.

Thanks!

Scott
w-u-2-o

Re: Orion Mk III Rev 5

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:43 pm

New topic here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4266

Locking this thread.

Return to “Upgrading/Downgrading”