Pure signal input ant auto att.

Brian7000DLE

Pure signal input ant auto att.

Postby Brian7000DLE » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:29 pm

Annan 7000DLE MK2... Black. pre AKA MK3. OrionMK2. Protocol 2. (v.3.9). firmware 2.1.18. Thetis v2.9.0.6x64

Where does the signal from the sampler go back into the radio ? There is also talk about activation of the automatic att. function for pure signal but I can't find it in the s Thetis version. also any other boxes that should be checked ? don't want to damage the radio. I also have a receive only loop and would like to know where to safely attach it to what port and what other functions would need to be checked and activated for safety related to this. Thank your the support.
w-u-2-o

Re: Pure signal input ant auto att.

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:26 pm

Brian7000DLE wrote:Annan 7000DLE MK2... Black. pre AKA MK3. OrionMK2. Protocol 2. (v.3.9). firmware 2.1.18. Thetis v2.9.0.6x64

Where does the signal from the sampler go back into the radio ?
External coupler signals are accepted at the Bypass input connector.

There is also talk about activation of the automatic att. function for pure signal but I can't find it in the s Thetis version.
This is turned on by default. You will find that setting in Linearity > Advanced (on the top menu bar).

also any other boxes that should be checked ?
To use an external coupler on the Bypass input, you will need to go to Setup > General > Ant/Filters > Antenna and enable Bypass on TX.

You should read this topic and follow the links in that topic as well: https://community.apache-labs.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3166

don't want to damage the radio.
As long as you do not exceed safe coupler signal levels on the Bypass input you will not damage the hardware (the box you bought is just RF stuff, without a PC and Thetis it's not a radio). See here for more information: https://community.apache-labs.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2384

I also have a receive only loop and would like to know where to safely attach it to what port and what other functions would need to be checked and activated for safety related to this.
There are several ways to do this. How it is done depends strongly on how you intend to use the receive only antenna. Please start a separate topic in the main Thetis sub-forum since it's a separate subject and has nothing to do with PureSignal. In that new topic explain exactly how you'd like the radio to work with the receive-only antenna.

Return to “PureSignal Operations (PowerSDR & Thetis)”