NoMachine remote with Thetis?

w8du

NoMachine remote with Thetis?

Postby w8du » Tue May 03, 2022 12:47 pm

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question, which is why I also posted it in the Thetis forum...

Is anyone using NOMACHINE remote desktop with Thetis? If so, can you tell me what your audio settings are?
I can get the audio from Thetis out to my remote client with no problem. However, I cannot seem to get audio from my remote client microphone back to Thetis. Any ideas?
Tnx de Arnie W8DU
w-u-2-o

Re: NoMachine remote with Thetis?

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue May 03, 2022 2:18 pm

This is the correct place.

I'd actually like to test this, but I can't get NoMachine to work properly. Every keypress on the keyboard activates the numlock key on the remote machine. Setting up the display is pretty counterintuitive, also, but at least I beat that into submission.

Just guessing: one thing you might have to do is insulate Thetis from NoMachine using Voicemeeter. Thetis is incredibly picky about sample rates and the availability of sound devices on its VAC connection. I had to do this to make RDP audio work.
w8du

Postby w8du » Tue May 03, 2022 3:39 pm

Thanks Scott. I did not have any problems with having Thetis function properly. My only problem was with audio on the tranmit side. The weird thing is that the receive audio was transported with not problem from Thetis to my remote computer. Even though the VAC settings were symetrical, I could not get audio from my remote computer to transport in the other direction, i.e., from remote to Thetis. Perhaps it was some peculiarity of my remote Windows laptop. I will try it from a different remote and see if that works. Will report back. I really wanted NoMachine to work because it is a comprehensive RDP that also is supposed to carry audio with very little latency.
Tnx de Arnie W8DU
w8du

Postby w8du » Tue May 03, 2022 3:43 pm

BTW, I forgot to mention that I do have RCForb and it works flawlessly with Thetis, both on audio and on control. I just wanted something where I could also see my desktop, which is why I am trying to get NoMachine to work.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue May 03, 2022 7:46 pm

There are a great many sound settings in both Windows and NoMachine. You have to select them properly in order for sound to flow in either direction. It appears that the defaults worked in one direction, but not in the transmit direction. You need to look at your settings in NoMachine specifically.

Without details nobody can help you. What sound device are you using on the remote machine? Is it selected for use in the NoMachine client as a "send" or "input" device to the machine Thetis is on? If so, does that particular device show up in the VAC1 settings in Thetis?

Return to “Remote Operation Over The Internet”