Introducing the ANAN-8000DLE MKII

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
Trucker

Re: Introducing the ANAN-8000DLE MKII

Postby Trucker » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:16 am

Reading the spec's it appears this is a real deal. It will be interesting to find out more about this radio. It looks like it will need a hefty power supply to run it too. 48 volts at 40amps. I thought at first it was a misprint. But, reading more, it just may not be. Maybe in testing the 8000DLE MKII they found out the PA was capable of a lot more output. The next few months aught to be interesting for sure!
James
WD5GWY
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:27 am

Received an email from Abhi. The following is the important information.

"The last batch of Cyclone V devices received by us have a hardware issue which cannot be resolved, hence they have recalled the devices." ..... "The early purchasers will be switched over to the ANAN-G2-1K 1000W Transceiver."

He goes on to promise a June delivery. Personally, I am thrilled with this development. :D
RADIO: ANAN 7000 DLE MK2 (Black Version) Thetis 2.8.11.
PC: HP Desktop - Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - Intel UHD Graphics 630 - WINDOWS 10 (100% Dedicated to ANAN)
PS: ASTRON 35 AMP (100% Dedicated to ANAN)

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
Ng5u

Postby Ng5u » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:54 am

Does anyone know what amount of power output fault protection this has? Any solid state PA at this level better have robust protection in the event of over current or high SWR. In the case of Apache, getting things repaired is a major concern and blown finals or LPFs will happen. I can’t decide whether having everything in one box makes sense or not until all the kinks are worked out.
Bert

Postby Bert » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:58 am

I did try to order an ANAN-G2-1K 1000W HF & 6M SDR Transceiver
And want to pay through PayPal. But PayPal does not accept the payment.
Anyone else having this problem, I don't want to pay with credit card.

73' Bert
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:53 pm

I would be cautious about placing an order till there is better confirmation that this is real and not that the website has been hacked. It's too much of a coincidence that on the day they said shipping would start, they drop the 8000DLE MKII and switch over to something much different.
Just my thoughts. I could be wrong.
James
WD5GWY
NY4JF

Postby NY4JF » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:11 pm

Here is the answer on asking for an update on the 8000DLE MKII 500 Watt.

Hello,

We have been working with the technical support of Intel over the past few weeks and it seems that the last batch of Cyclone V devices received by us have a hardware issue which cannot be resolved, hence they have recalled the devices.

In the meanwhile as you may know we have introduced the ANAN-G2 based next generation radios which offer several advantages such as Better Protocol 2 Integration, More powerful Hardware , Better PureSignal Performance, Remote operation capability (future feature set) and much more.

Of even more interest to you may be the recently launched ANAN-G2-1K 1000W HF & 6M SDR Transceiver:

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html

This rig is identical on the outside to the ANAN-8000DLE MKII barring a few IO differences on the back panel (Saturn SDR Card), however, the differences are quite notable:

1000W Power Output
Use of Saturn SDR (Next Generation platform)
Use of two ART1K6PH LDMOS devices
I really value you as an early adopter and thank you for showing confidence in Apache Labs and to show my gratitude I wanted to let you know that we are upgrading your order for an ANAN-8000DLE MKII to the ANAN-G2-1K 1000W Transceiver at no extra cost ($3595 including the $200 discount already offered earlier). we will also provide an additional year of warranty on the radio to you.

We have no part shortages for the Saturn card and we have a firm delivery date for the ANAN-G2-1K for June 2023. Your order will be given priority and will be first in the queue for shipment, if possible we will try and ship the order earlier.

I hope that this will prove to be an acceptable resolution given the delay with the ANAN-8000DLE MKII, please do not hesitate to contact me questions that you may have.

Kind Regards,

Abhi Prakash

Managing Director
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:29 pm

Trucker wrote:I would be cautious about placing an order till there is better confirmation that this is real and not that the website has been hacked. It's too much of a coincidence that on the day they said shipping would start, they drop the 8000DLE MKII and switch over to something much different.
Just my thoughts. I could be wrong.
James
WD5GWY

The website has NOT been hacked! It is very real ... as confirmed by Abhi's email.
RADIO: ANAN 7000 DLE MK2 (Black Version) Thetis 2.8.11.
PC: HP Desktop - Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - Intel UHD Graphics 630 - WINDOWS 10 (100% Dedicated to ANAN)
PS: ASTRON 35 AMP (100% Dedicated to ANAN)

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:55 pm

I meant no offense David. I just found it odd that on the day when shipping was supposed to start, that they switched to something very different. Looking at the main Apache Labs website they are only listing G2 radios including the new 1000 watt radio. Nothing else is listed. But, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and select Amateur radio products, the older radios, including the 8000DLE MKII appear.
It would clarify things a lot if they cleaned up their website and made a more formal announcement. As it is, it isn't exactly clear what is going on. ( in my opinion only)
I hope I am wrong and everyone gets the new radio and, for once, it arrives on time.
I wonder what will happen for those that are still waiting on the Andromeda radios for an even longer time for shipping? Are they going to be offered a different radio?
James
WD5GWY
K4IBC

Postby K4IBC » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:01 pm

Those devices are capable of 1600 each if driven to max specs. A pair will loaf along at 1500 @ 48VDC. It only needs 35 watts drive.
The filters and cooling must be the limiting factor.

I am concerned about efficiency. With LDMOS just lowering the drive to reduce the output reduces efficiency and increases heat. You have to also reduce the voltage. You are just generating excess heat if you lower the drive without lowering the voltage too. SPE amplifiers does this with their low, mid, and high settings.

I suspect these are going to be some hot boxes and not in popularity hot. Will have to wait and see after they are delivered. Those two devices can easily do 2KW with proper filters, cooling, and power supply. Without some software limitations there will be operators pushing the limits. When components start failing they will blame Apache Labs for defects.

Has me questioning why they chose to use two devices when one device will make 1K with no problem.
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Trucker wrote:....Looking at the main Apache Labs website they are only listing G2 radios including the new 1000 watt radio. Nothing else is listed. But, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and select Amateur radio products, the older radios, including the 8000DLE MKII appear....

The main Apache Labs page lists their "Current Promotions" (as clearly stated in the middle of the page).

The "Products" tab does show all of the current product listings.

Mark
KC2QMA

Postby KC2QMA » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:16 pm

NY4JF wrote:Here is the answer on asking for an update on the 8000DLE MKII 500 Watt.
Hello,
We have been working with the technical support of Intel over the past few weeks and it seems that the last batch of Cyclone V devices received by us have a hardware issue which cannot be resolved, hence they have recalled the devices.

In the meanwhile as you may know we have introduced the ANAN-G2 based next generation radios which offer several advantages such as Better Protocol 2 Integration, More powerful Hardware , Better PureSignal Performance, Remote operation capability (future feature set) and much more.
Of even more interest to you may be the recently launched ANAN-G2-1K 1000W HF & 6M SDR Transceiver:
https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html

This rig is identical on the outside to the ANAN-8000DLE MKII barring a few IO differences on the back panel (Saturn SDR Card), however, the differences are quite notable:
1000W Power Output
Use of Saturn SDR (Next Generation platform)
Use of two ART1K6PH LDMOS devices
I really value you as an early adopter and thank you for showing confidence in Apache Labs and to show my gratitude I wanted to let you know that we are upgrading your order for an ANAN-8000DLE MKII to the ANAN-G2-1K 1000W Transceiver at no extra cost ($3595 including the $200 discount already offered earlier). we will also provide an additional year of warranty on the radio to you.

We have no part shortages for the Saturn card and we have a firm delivery date for the ANAN-G2-1K for June 2023. Your order will be given priority and will be first in the queue for shipment, if possible we will try and ship the order earlier.

I hope that this will prove to be an acceptable resolution given the delay with the ANAN-8000DLE MKII, please do not hesitate to contact me questions that you may have.

Kind Regards,
Abhi Prakash
Managing Director

Now that's what I call GREAT customer service!!
VY2WW

Postby VY2WW » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:01 pm

I wonder how they are implementing the balanced (xlr) input circuit wise? Does it maintain differential processing through the audio stages up to digitalization? Other than common mode noise rejection from cabling shields, what advantage is being taken in the internal audio processing?

Edit: from the cicuit board pic they are using this :https://p.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/SPEC/690/K1160305690.pdf

Return to “Apache Labs News”