Shipping Updates

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
WR4N

Re: Shipping Updates

Postby WR4N » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:46 pm

Oops ... I initially posted an earlier update ... not the current one. Here is the current update from Abhi:

Hi All,

I would like to provide a quick update on your ANAN G2-1K order.

The Factory has completed production of the Pallet Card, LPF, Filter/Control Boards. The enclosures have been delayed by the Chinese CM due to the Chinese New Year Holidays. The laser cutting and sheet metal work is complete, and the plates are now undergoing surface finishing and powder coating.

We expect to receive the enclosures in about 3 weeks after which the final assembly of the electronics will be completed followed by testing and burn-in after which we will commence shipments of the rig. We expect the final assembly and testing to take approximately 3 weeks after receipt of the enclosures.

We will commence invoicing your orders once it has completed the testing/burn-in. Orders will ship strictly in the order they were received.

I have had some queries regarding the enclosure dimensions, these are:

49.7cm L x 38.4cm W x 13.8cm H (not including extrusions/Handles)

The Product page has also been updated with the latest specs:

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html

We have also upgraded the LPF, this is now based on the design by DJ0ABR and is capable of high duty cycle operation without the need of active cooling, we use T200 size cores for 160/80/40/30/20M and 2mm Thick Copper wire coils for the higher bands.

I would like to apologise for the delay, however, we are quite confident that we will ship your orders as per the estimated ship time provided above without further delays.

Regards,

Abhi
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII
Thetis 2.10.3.6 x64 (1/28/24) dev_2
HP VICTUS (Gaming Laptop) - Intel Core i7 - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - NVIDIA Graphics - WINDOWS 10

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
AC9PA

Postby AC9PA » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:36 am

Hi Hi finial pa design probably still not done ! Moving shipping out 6 more weeks . Hopefully they will have a design by then . 1.5 kw would be nice but really all I wanted was 400-500 watts ,save a little tube life in the amp as 400 watts usually works pretty well for local talk other than 160 meters . Really making 100 boxes with heatsink should not take more than a few days . So I’m thinking there buying time again or design still not set in stone . Maybe a little more R&D . Anyway maybe by summer or it just might be Xmas .hihi
Thinking I should have bought a G2-100
oh 1kw of heat I’m thinking small fan ! Just think how hot a 100 watt radio gets !
NY4JF

Re: Shipping Updates G2 1K

Postby NY4JF » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:14 pm

Here's the response to questions I've asked Abhi which were asked in the community.

Hi Abhi,

Could you please clear up a few things?

These are questions that are coming from community.

First, it appears that we have now gone down from 1.5kW to 1kW (but the "description" and "specs" conflict with one another

Second, "without the need of active cooling." The update omits the mention of: "Noctua Fans for all cooling requirements."

Third, "Rack Mounting" when the width of 15.12"?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for your email. Kindly see below:

1. The power output is 1500W using two ART1K6 LDMOS devices, the LPF has also been upgraded as mentioned in my email earlier to be able to run at higher duty cycles. The model name is still the ANAN G2-1K.
2. “Without the need of active cooling” refers ONLY to the LPF. In most commercial designs manufacturers are using smaller toroidal cores in the LPF necessitating the need to actively cool them, since they heat up once they near saturation levels and cause the filter parameters to change! We are now using T200 sized toroids and 2mm thick copper air core inductors which do not require active cooling. Just to be clear there are still two 120mm Noctua fans dedicated to cooling the heatsink and a 40mm Noctua fan inside the PSU.
3. The G2-1K has never been marketed as a rackmount device, not sure where this is coming from?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhi
AC9PA

Postby AC9PA » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:43 pm

Checkout DJ0ABR website for most likely ruff design of LPF . Looks great.
I might’ve been law harsh about building the boxes as it does take a little time to make a heatsink area for the devices. And they probably wanted to look nice. 6 weeks still seems a long time . But maybe there’s only a few people working to assemble these things.
It looks like the LPF probably needs a little fine-tuning to the coils but anyway, let’s see what six Weeks spring us!
73 AC9PA
KP68

Postby KP68 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:48 pm

NY4JF wrote:Here's the response to questions I've asked Abhi which were asked in the community.

3. The G2-1K has never been marketed as a rackmount device, not sure where this is coming from?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhi

I believe this is coming from the picture shown on the main page. https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html The picture clearly shows rack mount handles and rack mount ears on the transceiver.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:27 pm

NY4JF wrote:Here's the response to questions I've asked Abhi which were asked in the community.

Hi Abhi,

Could you please clear up a few things?

These are questions that are coming from community.

First, it appears that we have now gone down from 1.5kW to 1kW (but the "description" and "specs" conflict with one another

Second, "without the need of active cooling." The update omits the mention of: "Noctua Fans for all cooling requirements."

Third, "Rack Mounting" when the width of 15.12"?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for your email. Kindly see below:

1. The power output is 1500W using two ART1K6 LDMOS devices, the LPF has also been upgraded as mentioned in my email earlier to be able to run at higher duty cycles. The model name is still the ANAN G2-1K.
2. “Without the need of active cooling” refers ONLY to the LPF. In most commercial designs manufacturers are using smaller toroidal cores in the LPF necessitating the need to actively cool them, since they heat up once they near saturation levels and cause the filter parameters to change! We are now using T200 sized toroids and 2mm thick copper air core inductors which do not require active cooling. Just to be clear there are still two 120mm Noctua fans dedicated to cooling the heatsink and a 40mm Noctua fan inside the PSU.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhi

Abhi,

You wrote, "The G2-1K has never been marketed as a rackmount device, not sure where this is coming from?" Sir, both the Transceiver and the Amplifier pictures clearly show what appears to be "Rack Mounts." If not Rack Mounts, what purpose could they possibly serve? The appearance of these having Rack Mounts is why the assumption was made.

Thanks to you and the Team!
David
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII
Thetis 2.10.3.6 x64 (1/28/24) dev_2
HP VICTUS (Gaming Laptop) - Intel Core i7 - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - NVIDIA Graphics - WINDOWS 10

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
Plantarum

Postby Plantarum » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:50 pm

"The G2-1K has never been marketed as a rackmount device, not sure where this is coming from?"

That is really daft.

I thought so too, for obvious reasons and now I am confused.
The size is: 49.7cm L x 38.4cm W x 13.8cm H (not including extrusions)

Now looking at the box it kind of looks deeper than it is wide, so that would make the front panel 38,4 cm, which is too narrow for rack mount.
So now we need to make some adapters to make it fit in a rack. That is rather annoying.
I almost think they had a bunch of these lying around in China, that they made to the wrong specs.
Anyway, why o why haven't they just stuck it in a standard 19" rack housing??????? I bet these are readily available and much cheaper.

Return to “Apache Labs News”