Introducing the ANAN-8000DLE MKII

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
K4IBC

Re: Introducing the ANAN-8000DLE MKII

Postby K4IBC » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Looks like they added a power supply option.
https://apache-labs.com/al-products/106 ... -MKII.html
w9mdb

Postby w9mdb » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:21 am

Sure would like to know more about that power supply.
Mike W9MDB
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:26 pm

The SunSDR discussion has been moved to:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4329

Please keep posts in this thread about the 8000DLE MKII specifically.
syracusepro

Postby syracusepro » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:41 pm

K4IBC wrote:Looks like they added a power supply option.
https://apache-labs.com/al-products/106 ... -MKII.html

I am ordering two 48-50V variable power supplies, one at 38 amps and another at 58.
The transistor seems to be a 1,400W transistor. Radio is set to 500W with 20 amps PS Apache sells.
Just wondering how it will behave with a better PS.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:34 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Getting a little off-topic here but, yeah, the only thing carried over from the original PowerSDR at this point is the UI and database code, and even that has undergone substantial improvement (most notable examples: DirectX for spectral display and automatic database upgrades). So the look and feel remains dated and very un-modern, but essentially all of the DSP content has undergone two or, in some cases, three revisions or more. I would wax poetic for pages on this, but won't :D

Scott, I know you don’t have a crystal ball, but you are generally very intuitive. I’ve emailed “Support” - “Abhi” - etc. just trying to find out if the December delivery was realistic (there are 12 still showing available), but no responses. Do you have any thoughts?

If performance is equal to the current 7000 and the advertised power supply is plug-n-play, I love a 500 watt SDR. But I just worry about whether or not there delivery dates can be achieved?
RADIO: ANAN 7000 DLE MK2 (Black Version) Thetis 2.8.11.
PC: HP Desktop - Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - Intel UHD Graphics 630 - WINDOWS 10 (100% Dedicated to ANAN)
PS: ASTRON 35 AMP (100% Dedicated to ANAN)

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:53 am

Don't have a clue, Dave. I'm just the janitor around here ;)

All anyone can do is assess things based on past performance. I'm sure you've been following posts describing how folks are making out with their 7000, Hermes and Andromeda orders.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:44 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Don't have a clue, Dave. I'm just the janitor around here ;)

All anyone can do is assess things based on past performance. I'm sure you've been following posts describing how folks are making out with their 7000, Hermes and Andromeda orders.

“Janitor?” Right ... you help us all clean up our messes. hi, hi, lol :lol: Anyway, I actually got a reply from Apache Labs:

“Hello David,

Yes, your order will be fulfilled in the first batch (December 2022),

Regards,

Apache Labs Support”

Only time will tell ... but I’ll gladly receive any hopeful news. Maybe I’ll actually get a 500 watt Christmas present. :D MERRY CHRISTMAS! (I hope Santa ANAN remembers to deliver the Power Supply.) :roll:
PC: HP Desktop - Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - Intel UHD Graphics 630 - WINDOWS 10 (100% Dedicated to ANAN)

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:34 pm

I'll be very interested in your review and impressions of the new design, as will many others, no doubt.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:24 pm

UPDATE ON 8000 DLE MKII FINAL PAYMENT & SHIPPING!!!

After making my down payment for the December Delivery Lot / Batch, I began the process of patiently waiting; I found myself wondering if it was realistic to expect delivery of my new 500 watt version of the ANAN 8000 DLE MKII in the month of December. With the current date being December 17th, I found my hope for a December delivery beginning to wane. In desperation, I personally reached out to Santa Clause. Though I was shocked, I just discovered a reply in my “In-Box!” (NOTE: Because it contained multiple spelling errors, the type where key alphabet letters were substituted with the alphabet letter immediately below what I believe was the intended “target,” I highly suspicion that Santa is using his Elves to reply to the massive increase in emails; they have
short-stubby fingers, which would explain the unintentional use of a letter directly below the intended letter. I’m no “Sherlock Holmes,” but intellectual prowess was not required for my deduction. Additionally, I had ruled out the Reindeer because “hoofs” do not allow for keyboard typing dexterity.) Anyway, the reply assured me that everything possible was being done to make provisions for Sled Delivery! According to the email, it is a major undertaking to transport 100 x ANAN 8000 DLE MKII Transceivers; the issues are compounded by the need to first fly into India and also by the need to insulate the new Transceivers from the freezing temperatures encountered in many areas. Add to the equation the need to account for weight shipping within Santa’s Sled, and it’s easy to visualize the challenges. However, I was told that everything possible is being done to retool the “Standby” Sled with an adequate enclosure, temperature control, and a special Faraday Cage. Obviously, this will require dual Sleds, which make the Reindeer unhappy. But again, all possible efforts are being made. Finally, and most encouraging, should December Delivery by Santa be deemed not possible, a special arrangement has been made with the Tooth Fairy; please note that delivery via this avenue will require the buyer to sacrifice a tooth (Article 3, Section B, Subsection III: “The Tooth Fairy shall not deliver any ANAN without the prerequisite tooth being placed in the Shack.” Hey, rules are rules). But even if one is not willing to sacrifice a tooth, Alternate Plan “Giant Plastic Golden ANAN Egg” has been developed. In this scenario, the Easter Bunny will be making December Delivery Lot / Batch deliveries on April 9th, 2023 (Easter). I’m greatly impressed by the collaboration efforts of Apache Labs and by the Multiple “Fail-Safes” initiated in planning!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL FUTURE ANAN 8000 DLE MKII, 500 WATT VERSION, OWNERS!!! Perhaps a slight delay, perhaps some toothless Hams, perhaps some Adults running over small children at Easter Egg Hunts across the globe ... but I’m confident that December Delivery Lot / Batch Transceivers will arrive between December 25th, 2022 and April 9th, 2023!!! HO, HO, HO!!! (Disclaimer: My comment about Elves having Short, Stubby Fingers was nothing more than a physiological assessment - no Anti-Elf Bias should be inferred.)

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:47 pm

WR4N wrote:UPDATE ON 8000 DLE MKII FINAL PAYMENT & SHIPPING!!!

After making my down payment for the December Delivery Lot / Batch, I began the process of patiently waiting; I found myself wondering if it was realistic to expect delivery of my new 500 watt version of the ANAN 8000 DLE MKII in the month of December. With the current date being December 17th, I found my hope for a December delivery beginning to wane. In desperation, I personally reached out to Santa Clause. Though I was shocked, I just discovered a reply in my “In-Box!” (NOTE: Because it contained multiple spelling errors, the type where key alphabet letters were substituted with the alphabet letter immediately below what I believe was the intended “target,” I highly suspicion that Santa is using his Elves to reply to the massive increase in emails; they have
short-stubby fingers, which would explain the unintentional use of a letter directly below the intended letter. I’m no “Sherlock Holmes,” but intellectual prowess was not required for my deduction. Additionally, I had ruled out the Reindeer because “hoofs” do not allow for keyboard typing dexterity.) Anyway, the reply assured me that everything possible was being done to make provisions for Sled Delivery! According to the email, it is a major undertaking to transport 100 x ANAN 8000 DLE MKII Transceivers; the issues are compounded by the need to first fly into India and also by the need to insulate the new Transceivers from the freezing temperatures encountered in many areas. Add to the equation the need to account for weight shipping within Santa’s Sled, and it’s easy to visualize the challenges. However, I was told that everything possible is being done to retool the “Standby” Sled with an adequate enclosure, temperature control, and a special Faraday Cage. Obviously, this will require dual Sleds, which make the Reindeer unhappy. But again, all possible efforts are being made. Finally, and most encouraging, should December Delivery by Santa be deemed not possible, a special arrangement has been made with the Tooth Fairy; please note that delivery via this avenue will require the buyer to sacrifice a tooth (Article 3, Section B, Subsection III: “The Tooth Fairy shall not deliver any ANAN without the prerequisite tooth being placed in the Shack.” Hey, rules are rules). But even if one is not willing to sacrifice a tooth, Alternate Plan “Giant Plastic Golden ANAN Egg” has been developed. In this scenario, the Easter Bunny will be making December Delivery Lot / Batch deliveries on April 9th, 2023 (Easter). I’m greatly impressed by the collaboration efforts of Apache Labs and by the Multiple “Fail-Safes” initiated in planning!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL FUTURE ANAN 8000 DLE MKII, 500 WATT VERSION, OWNERS!!! Perhaps a slight delay, perhaps some toothless Hams, perhaps some Adults running over small children at Easter Egg Hunts across the globe ... but I’m confident that December Delivery Lot / Batch Transceivers will arrive between December 25th, 2022 and April 9th, 2023!!! HO, HO, HO!!! (Disclaimer: My comment about Elves having Short, Stubby Fingers was nothing more than a physiological assessment - no Anti-Elf Bias should be inferred.)

My previous post was meant in humor. I hope no one took it in any other way (other than the one gentleman who wanted to know why I was berating Apache Labs?!) :shock: This is my fourth ANAN, so waiting is not an issue ... I was just hoping to “lighten” the mood for some who might not be experienced in waiting a little longer than expected. MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!
WR4N David

ADMIN: Please feel free to remove if deemed inappropriate.

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
4L5O

Postby 4L5O » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:51 pm

110/220v AC Power Supply for the ANAN-8000DLE MKII.

Has anyone received this model? I am interested in the design.

TECHINACAL SPECIFICATION.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:05 pm

Yesterday, I received an email from Abhi (and I’m sure many others did likewise) saying that delivery was delayed for 6 weeks (delivery is now scheduled for the 3rd week of February) and noting that those who had ordered would receive a $200 discount and free expedited shipping (“free” referring to the additional cost).

The $200 & expedited shipping makes me happy. But I’m happier for the following reason: this tells me is that Apache Labs is working hard to step up their Customer Service!!! I am thrilled to see Abhi hit a home run in the Customer Service Ballpark. I’m so impressed that I’m ordering yet another ANAN. Huge Kudos to Abhi and A.L. ... & Merry Christmas to all!

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:41 pm

WR4N wrote:Yesterday, I received an email from Abhi (and I’m sure many others did likewise) saying that delivery was delayed for 6 weeks (delivery is now scheduled for the 3rd week of February) and noting that those who had ordered would receive a $200 discount and free expedited shipping (“free” referring to the additional cost).

The $200 & expedited shipping makes me happy. But I’m happier for the following reason: this tells me is that Apache Labs is working hard to step up their Customer Service!!! I am thrilled to see Abhi hit a home run in the Customer Service Ballpark. I’m so impressed that I’m ordering yet another ANAN. Huge Kudos to Abhi and A.L. ... & Merry Christmas to all!

I’m wondering if anyone has received an invoice for final payment or any communications since the December 2022 email announcing the December Lot / Batch would be delayed until February 2023?

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
wn7t

Postby wn7t » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:54 pm

No further communication or final invoice received here as of 11 February 2023, Dave.
My 8000 DLE MK2 order was placed 1 October 2022.
I’d say the “six week” shipping delay is just about over.
My fingers are crossed here.
Cheers,
Paul
WN7T

Anan 7000 DLE MK1, Hermes Light 2+, Elad Duo, IC 705, NorCal 2030, Elecraft KX1, HR50 Amp, Homebrew 3CX1200A7 Amp, Metron MA1000 Amp, Astron 30 & 70 PS, Intel NUC 13 Extreme with NVIDA 4080 GP, Homebrew remote L tuner, Homebrew remote double balanced L tuner……
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:26 pm

Update from ABHI February 17, 2023 (the last day of the extended, delayed delivery period). I had emailed him on the 16th. I’m very appreciative of the communication.

“Hello David,

Thank you for your email,

I will be able to give you a better estimate by mid next week, hope that is ok.

Thank you for your patience, it is much appreciated,

Regards,

Abhi”

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
AC9PA

Postby AC9PA » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Patience, grasshopper!
I think we forget we are a very small group of people (hams) We are very lucky to have someone who even consider selling a 100 radios!
We are not here to buy an ICOM 7300. We’re here to buy one the best radios made, and being the first 500 watt radio. I’m sure they’re having issues with supplies from Covid and they’re probably quite a few changes made to the radio to get to work or to work with parts that are available. I’m sure we are closer to getting the radio . And I wouldn’t be surprised it might be summer before the radio comes out.
Yes, the communications not great ,rather pretty poor .Hihi But they have something you want and they know it so they really don’t have to have a great communication skills. Just a great radio ! They know you will wait ! They probably could hire someone to answer the phone and charge another grand for a radio ! You gotta remember we’re only talking 100 radio’s ! Waiting is hard thing to do but it’s the way, Anan way .
73s AC9PA Byron
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:23 am

AC9PA wrote:Patience, grasshopper!
I think we forget we are a very small group of people (hams) We are very lucky to have someone who even consider selling a 100 radios!
We are not here to buy an ICOM 7300. We’re here to buy one the best radios made, and being the first 500 watt radio. I’m sure they’re having issues with supplies from Covid and they’re probably quite a few changes made to the radio to get to work or to work with parts that are available. I’m sure we are closer to getting the radio . And I wouldn’t be surprised it might be summer before the radio comes out.
Yes, the communications not great ,rather pretty poor .Hihi But they have something you want and they know it so they really don’t have to have a great communication skills. Just a great radio ! They know you will wait ! They probably could hire someone to answer the phone and charge another grand for a radio ! You gotta remember we’re only talking 100 radio’s ! Waiting is hard thing to do but it’s the way, Anan way .
73s AC9PA Byron

Byron, this is my fourth ANAN (not a virgin - lol). I have no problem with being patient; I’m both the biggest defender of Apache Labs’ challenges as well as their biggest fan. I’m just sharing information - nothing more, nothing less. Like you, I look toward the Summer. When it arrives, I’ll rejoice. :D

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
I2NOY

Postby I2NOY » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:07 am

Just received today an email from Abhi informing the rig needs only new FPGA and Intel distributor promised the delivery of these components at the end of March 2023.
Apache Labs is expecting the delivery of first bunch of 8000DLE MKII in first week of April.
Crossing fingers... ;)
Kp4car

Postby Kp4car » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:36 am

aprakash@apache-labs.com
Attachments
3:25 AM (4 hours ago)
to Abhishek

HI All,

I wanted to provide a quick update on the ANAN-8000DLE MKII,

We have ported the Orion MKII design to the Cyclone V E device, this was done keeping in mind that Intel has not provided any delivery schedule for the Cyclone IV devices we have used so far, and also

to obsolescence proof our design since the Cyclone V device family will be available for the foreseeable future.

Our Intel Distributor had provided an estimated delivery date for the devices in the 1st week of February 2023, hence, I had forecasted delivery of the 8000DLE MKIIs in the third week of February. Our production team has been in constant touch with the distributor and they have asked for an extension in the delivery schedule with promised delivery on the 28th of March 2023, I have spoken to Intel and they have committed to no further delays and to deliver on the 28th of March.

I have also received an update from the factory and we have everything ready to go once the FPGAs are received, table below has the latest status update from the factory:

ANAN-8000DLE Producion Status

Sub Assembly

Status

ETD

Enclosure

Ready

500W Pallet Board

Ready

LPF Board

Ready

BPF Board

Ready

Orion MKIII Board

In Assembly

28th March 2023 (Awaiting FPGA delivery)

Protection/LCD Board

Ready

T/R Switch Board

Ready

Antenna Connector Board

Ready

Front Panel Audio I/O Board

Ready

We have also tested the 8000DLE MKII and attached is the brief test report indicating primary Rx and Tx benchmarks. The 8000DLE Rx performance is at par with the 7000DLE, however, the Tx IMD performance is much better as you can see in the attached file.

I would like to again thank you for your patience and would greatly appreciate that you allow us approximately 4-5 weeks in order to ship the 8000DLEs out, we expect to commence shipments in the first week of April as it will take about 3-5 business days to get the Orion MKIII card once the FPGAs have been received,

I understand that we would all like to have the radio in our hands ASAP and this delay is disappointing, however, I would like to commit that there will be no further delays and we will ship your order in the First week of April, 2023.

Best Regards,

Abhi Prakash

logo final.jpg

Email: support@apache-labs.com

One attachment
• Scanned by Gmail
Kp4car

Postby Kp4car » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:44 am

8000DLE MKII.pdf
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:04 pm

IMD looks impressive. I might have to start saving up for one after the initial feeding frenzy subsidies!
James
WD5GWY
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:57 pm

I'll be very surprised, if not completely shocked, if that is the IMD without PureSignal running.

I'm also very curious if this amp will have the same topology as the 200W amp in the original 8000. The 200W amp is not very compatible with many auto tuners because it puts out a high voltage when it sees high impedance and some tuners will identify that as too much RF power for safe tuning.
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:59 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:I'll be very surprised, if not completely shocked, if that is the IMD without PureSignal running.

An IMD3 of -63dB is not remotely possible without PureSignal.

Mark
Rob52

Postby Rob52 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:47 pm

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a question I have regarding the 8000dle Mark II 500-watt radio. I'm thinking this may help others who have also ordered the 8000dle Mark II and may not have given much thought to my question.
Looking at Thetis 2.9.0.8, in the Setup Menu, there is an 8000dle to select in the drop-down for the Anan radio models. I believe this model refers to the 200-watt version.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 145939 1.png
Screenshot 2023-04-13 145939 1.png (201.11 KiB) Viewed 16680 times

Moving to Setup, PA tab, second sub tab for the Watt Meter, shows a max of 200-watts.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 150109 3.png
Screenshot 2023-04-13 150109 3.png (200.19 KiB) Viewed 16680 times

The question is can we operate the 8000dle Mark-II with the current version of Thetis or is a new revision required?

With regard to the new meters, the Kenwood style meter shows input voltage 0-15vdc with a cap of 300 watts out. Richie mentioned at the end of his last video that he would be addressing the Kenwood style meter scaling and input voltage based on the 8000 requiring a 48vdc power supply and 500 watts for power out.

Thanks in advance

K1SR
Rob
Rob
K1SR
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:01 pm

It's a good bet a software update will be required, Rob. However, as is everything might just scale, i.e. 200 = 500.
Rob52

Postby Rob52 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:31 pm

Thanks Scott. Your reply is very much appreciated. I kind of figured that may be the case. I do have an Alpha 4520 meter that I will use to keep an eye on the output as well.
Best
K1SR
Rob
Rob
K1SR
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:38 pm

Label me "confused." :? In India and Australia it is already April 24th, so it appears that the invoices that were promised on the 22nd and 23rd, with shipping on the 24th, will not be a reality. :cry: But what greatly confuses me is that the 500 watt 8000 has been removed from the website? What now appears is a 1,000 watt G2 with a similar appearance. For the first time, after the purchase of multiple ANANs, I am totally confused.
https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:09 pm

I am betting that the website is having issues.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:03 am

w-u-2-o wrote:I'll be very interested in your review and impressions of the new design, as will many others, no doubt.

Scott, I know you are asked questions from everyone, but you are always an excellent source of information. So, the latest definitive invoice and delivery dates for the 8000 appear to not be a reality. But I am utterly baffled that the 500 watt model has been removed from the website ... and now a 1,000 watt model has replaced it (with a JUNE, 2023 delivery date). It is now named the "ANAN-G2-1K" and uses the LINUX OS. I am just wondering if AL plans on switching the original purchasers over to the new 1,000 watt model ... or if they will still ship the first batch of the 500 watt models? I know you don't have a crystal ball ... I am just grasping at straws in hopes of any insights. THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THE COMMUNITY!

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:32 am

If you want to chat about software, hardware or firmware, or things like receiver noise figure and fun, technical stuff like that, then I'm your man. When it comes to questions about business plans, product evolution, orders, billing or shipping status, I am just as much in the dark as everyone else! Remember, I don't work for Apache, and I often have to pull the technical info out of them tooth and nail, same as you.

I really have no idea what they are doing. I suspect that if they start telling folks that their 8000 order is going to be delayed and when it does ship it's going to be a 1KW G2 many of those folks might not be very happy.

When it comes to what's shipping when, you all generally are more knowledgeable than I am, because I don't monitor the Apache sales website. I had no idea they had changed it to advertise a 1KW G2 until I read your post :D

Scott

Return to “Apache Labs News”