ANAN-G2 Shipping Update

The word from the top!
Forum rules
Only admin's and moderators can start a topic in this forum, but anyone can reply to an existing topic. Off topic replies will be deleted.
Trucker

Re: ANAN-G2 Shipping Update

Postby Trucker » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:52 pm

rdwing wrote:Just add another poor experience to the list...as a reminder I purchased a 7000 DLE Mk2. Many months later a 7000 DLE Mk2.5 arrived, no communication. Showed up defective, eventually AL promised a replacement -in writing-, but it was "out of stock" and would be sent ASAP. Months and months go by, eventually I open a case with paypal which AL fights, I tried to work with my CC to reclaim funds, but AL weaseled their way out of that one too...

So in the end, buyer (me), left with a junky 7000 and AL is laughing all the way to the bank.

Just curious, did you try contacting Doug in Arkansas to see if he could fix the problem with your 7000DLE?
James
Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:24 pm

Good News

Ordered my Apache-Labs G2 Black Face paying down payment 11-29-2023
Apache-Labs requested final payment with follow-up email from Abhi. 12-18-2023
Fedex notified me that I am getting a package from Apache-Labs 01-08-2024
Fedex delivered my G2 to my home 01-15-2024
From order to delivery slightly over 1 1/2 months.

G2 arrived in great shape with box well packed and shrink wrapped.
and initial testing all works well.

Only exception enroute it was delayed by customs inspection adding a few days
to shipping time.

Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (941.91 KiB) Viewed 4224 times
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 pm

That's great news Jim, thanks for posting.

Mark
W4WMT

Postby W4WMT » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:34 pm

Great news Jim!
Things have been looking pretty sketchy around here lately. So this is a very good sign!
Fedex through customs can be a little dicey. It seems to work okay when going through Memphis, but not so good when the entry point is another city.

One last thing. Look on the bottom of the rig and tell us what the country of manufacture is.

Bryan
Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:58 pm

Bryan, no country of manufacturer shown.

It was shipped from Apache-Labs Gurgaon, HR, India. Left country from New Delhi traveling & entering the US through San Francisco and traveling on the to FedEx hub in Memphis before moving to my location for delivery.

Down payment and final went to Australia.

Added info, this is my 5th Apache-Labs Rig. 3 from HRO and 2 from India.

73, Jim
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:45 pm

Interesting. I never knew exactly where they were located.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (339.96 KiB) Viewed 4167 times
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:48 am

Jim wrote:Good News

Ordered my Apache-Labs G2 Black Face paying down payment 11-29-2023
Apache-Labs requested final payment with follow-up email from Abhi. 12-18-2023
Fedex notified me that I am getting a package from Apache-Labs 01-08-2024
Fedex delivered my G2 to my home 01-15-2024
From order to delivery slightly over 1 1/2 months.

G2 arrived in great shape with box well packed and shrink wrapped.
and initial testing all works well.

Only exception enroute it was delayed by customs inspection adding a few days
to shipping time.

We are very jealous of you, your incredible luck. Everything you say or look like a joke is very incredible.
I paid the advance in 12-2022, and I still don't have a transceiver. I requested a refund of the prepayment - and here, too, in response to silence. How does it come out like that?

Why did everything come quickly for you, and nothing for others for more than a year? And even letters are not answered!

Can you help me?
Attachments
anan.JPG
anan.JPG (25.87 KiB) Viewed 3926 times
Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:53 am

amikosun

Sorry for the delay of your High Powered G2. I think the latest shipment on these is now estimated Feb 2024 although this version has been moved back several times account parts. Good luck! Hopefully they will not push the shipment back any further.

Well, I placed an order for my G2 100-watt rig because it was my understanding the parts to produce this model were in hand and there would be no shipping delay. I did not expect it so soon.

As far as communication with AL over the years my communication with them has been hit and miss as several have indicated. But this has only been with general questions. Several years ago, when I received a blue face 7000 the face plate had no lettering. I contacted them immediately at support by email and they shipped me a new faceplate with lettering within about 10 days.

looks like you ordered the 500-watt G2 which is now a promised G2 1500 with no price increase really a great deal as long as it's delivered.

I know of two who have ordered the High Powered G2 early-on and are still waiting for delivery.

Wishing you a good outcome on your order.

Jim
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:23 pm

Jim wrote:amikosun

Sorry for the delay of your High Powered G2. I think the latest shipment on these is now estimated Feb 2024 although this version has been moved back several times account parts. Good luck! Hopefully they will not push the shipment back any further.

Well, I placed an order for my G2 100-watt rig because it was my understanding the parts to produce this model were in hand and there would be no shipping delay. I did not expect it so soon.

As far as communication with AL over the years my communication with them has been hit and miss as several have indicated. But this has only been with general questions. Several years ago, when I received a blue face 7000 the face plate had no lettering. I contacted them immediately at support by email and they shipped me a new faceplate with lettering within about 10 days.

looks like you ordered the 500-watt G2 which is now a promised G2 1500 with no price increase really a great deal as long as it's delivered.

I know of two who have ordered the High Powered G2 early-on and are still waiting for delivery.

Wishing you a good outcome on your order.

Jim

im sorry, but
I don't want to wait anymore. I do not believe this company more.
I want to return the prepayment. But I don't know how to do it. My letters are not answered.
Can you help me?
Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 pm

amikosun

You probably already have this email address. This is Abhi's email address. Since He is the CEO of Apache-Labs he would be the one I would contact for a refund.

aprakash@apache-labs.com

I don't know what else to tell you.

Jim
Aivars

Postby Aivars » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:21 pm

Lucky Jim, do you have a call??? Please make images of all supporting papers, e.g. labels, declarations, tracking etc. And rig images as well. OK, blur your personal information. Not me personally, but there are a LOT of very curious folk around!!! Sorry, but otherwise it looks like as well known show. When shop by themselve post a lot of excellent feedback :evil:
For all other suffered Ham's, you can contact your bank at any time and cancel the payment!!! Reason are enough hard, order are not fullfilled for enough long time!!!
YL2GVC 73!
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:21 pm

Aivars wrote:you can contact your bank at any time and cancel the payment!!!

It is impossible to cancel the payment that was more than a year ago. There is no chance here. It would be necessary that the seller himself returned the money.
nimrod

Postby nimrod » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:26 pm

My fellow the ham radio community,

Be aware that when you deal with Apache Labs, they don't take responsibility for their internal problems, and you – the customer put your money at huge risk!

I want to try and alert you all to the ill-behaver of Apache Labs, the makers of Anan radios; the company failed to take responsibility for internal fraud problems, and as such, good customers that pay thousands of dollars called to take the blame over Apache Lab's failure to provide secure and reliable service to us the customers, Apache Labs asking us the customers to take the financial hit!

Apache Labs was scammed; someone takeover the company email server and managed to communicate with potential customers using Apache labs email address (and email server) and signed as Tony (the employee that usually runs this type of operation, all the communication was made from the same email server and email address using Tony's signature (support@apache-labs.com), providing bank details and sums to be transferred that were found later to be fraud.

When we learned that Apache Labs was scammed, we communicated immediately and directly with the company CEO, he was aware to scam/fraud and share with me that it happened on the company hosted email server, I was asked to try and push my bank to reverse the transaction (in my case, the prepayment of USD 1000 that Tony asked for and managed to be transferred to the real bank account of the company while the rest of the payment (USD 3000) was transferred by Tony request to different bank account of the company – this account use the same company name but found later to be a fraud), even though it is not my responsibility I approached my bank and push them hard to do so trying to help Apache Labs, the result was that my bank was unable to do so.

We, as customers, have nothing to do with the company infrastructure security and the financial spared of the company bank accounts.

I WANT MY G2! I did pay the full amount! The company can sue the email server provider and the insurance company or even take it on itself, but asking us, the customers that already paid, to repay? That's a shame!

WHATEVER HAPPENED THE COMPANY CAN'T DROP INTERNAL SECURITY
/ FRAUD ON THE COMPANY CUSTOMERS TO PAY FOR!!!

Nimrod Schwartz
4X1BG
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:52 pm

I just sent an email to ABHI & A.L. It is below. I am confident that he will update us all very soon:

Hi ABHI & Apache Labs! I am excited about receiving my latest A.L. transceiver - the G2-1K (also known as "EVERY OPERATOR'S DREAM COME TRUE"). The Most Recent Update was December 19, 2023. At that time, you stated, "The anticipated ship date is now 19th FEBRUARY 2024."

We are one day away from February 1, 2024 and I have not yet received my invoice/request for final payment. Can you please give us an update?

With Gratitude & 73,
David
WR4N
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII
Thetis 2.10.3.6 x64 (1/28/24) dev_2
HP VICTUS (Gaming Laptop) - Intel Core i7 - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - NVIDIA Graphics - WINDOWS 10

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
rdwing

Postby rdwing » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:10 pm

nimrod wrote:My fellow the ham radio community,

Be aware that when you deal with Apache Labs, they don't take responsibility for their internal problems, and you – the customer put your money at huge risk!

I want to try and alert you all to the ill-behaver of Apache Labs, the makers of Anan radios; the company failed to take responsibility for internal fraud problems, and as such, good customers that pay thousands of dollars called to take the blame over Apache Lab's failure to provide secure and reliable service to us the customers, Apache Labs asking us the customers to take the financial hit!

Apache Labs was scammed; someone takeover the company email server and managed to communicate with potential customers using Apache labs email address (and email server) and signed as Tony (the employee that usually runs this type of operation, all the communication was made from the same email server and email address using Tony's signature (support@apache-labs.com), providing bank details and sums to be transferred that were found later to be fraud.

When we learned that Apache Labs was scammed, we communicated immediately and directly with the company CEO, he was aware to scam/fraud and share with me that it happened on the company hosted email server, I was asked to try and push my bank to reverse the transaction (in my case, the prepayment of USD 1000 that Tony asked for and managed to be transferred to the real bank account of the company while the rest of the payment (USD 3000) was transferred by Tony request to different bank account of the company – this account use the same company name but found later to be a fraud), even though it is not my responsibility I approached my bank and push them hard to do so trying to help Apache Labs, the result was that my bank was unable to do so.

We, as customers, have nothing to do with the company infrastructure security and the financial spared of the company bank accounts.

I WANT MY G2! I did pay the full amount! The company can sue the email server provider and the insurance company or even take it on itself, but asking us, the customers that already paid, to repay? That's a shame!

WHATEVER HAPPENED THE COMPANY CAN'T DROP INTERNAL SECURITY
/ FRAUD ON THE COMPANY CUSTOMERS TO PAY FOR!!!

Nimrod Schwartz
4X1BG

Yikes!! So sorry to hear you have to deal with this problem. Any competent company should have cyber-insurance in this day and age. Amazing that one of their other business insurance providers didn't require such insurance. This cyber coverage would cover these losses, and yes these are internal business problem at Apache Labs, not the customers problem.

I work in the field, it's fairly common when the organization has lots of technical debt, don't use MFA or other strong authentication for logging in to the server. Apache Labs has also failed to implement SPF and DMARC email authentication and protection domain DNS records, so there is no way to validate that email sent from their servers or any other server claiming to be apache-labs.com is authentic.

Is any of this a surprise? Look at how they run their business! They have been ripping off customers for years, including myself. Buyer beware.

I will not purchase equipment from Apache Labs now. If an operator is interested in exploring the open source HPSDR project, I always recommend they go check out the Hermes Lite 2.
nimrod

Postby nimrod » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:56 am

Totally agree!!!

Any company should take full responsibility for its Infrastructure; in this case, I have been told by the CEO that the hack happened on an Apache Labs hosted email server.

Nimrod
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:59 pm

nimrod wrote:Totally agree!!!

Any company should take full responsibility for its Infrastructure; in this case, I have been told by the CEO that the hack happened on an Apache Labs hosted email server.

Nimrod

The company needs to make this right. Complete the order and ship the radio that they did get the down-payment for. Or refund all of the OP's money including the amount that was sidetracked by the scammer that managed to break into Apache Labs ordering system. That shows a complete lack of understanding the need for a well secured website.
This problem could cost them a lot of money in lost sales opportunities.
Surely, this would be a cheaper option for Apache Labs than loosing business because of a lack of trust that them doing nothing would create.
James
WD5GWY
echo_india

Postby echo_india » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:13 pm

Were they really scammed or is this the sign of a dying company. I hope not. :|
Best 73,
EI5GJB
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:47 pm

echo_india wrote:Were they really scammed or is this the sign of a dying company. I hope not. :|

Maybe we will know more in a few days as the date for shipping on the new 1.5K G2 Saturn radios comes up.
I hope the company isn't dying. If not, they sure need to step up their game and start keeping their customers informed. And fixing issues like the ordering fiasco that has occurred and making things right for paying customers.
James
WD5GWY
KO4ORC

Postby KO4ORC » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:53 pm

Getting a little concerned, and especially with all the comments in this forum. Sent email to aprakash@apache-labs.com, and same email to support@apache-labs.com on February 1, 2024 at around 6:30pm est., and haven’t heard or received anything back. How long does it normally take for AL to respond? Below I’ve copy, and pasted email that was sent for transparency…

Hey,
This Kenny Durham. I submitted $1000.00 on December 5th Order Number: AC-42**, for preorder of G2 100 watt with face, and was wondering what’s the estimated date for shipment? If it’s quicker to get G2 100 watt black face without knobs/face, I’d rather go that route, but if it’ll take the same amount of time for delivery just keep order as is.

Thanks
Kenny Durham Jr.
KO4ORC
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:26 pm

KO4ORC wrote:Getting a little concerned, and especially with all the comments in this forum. Sent email to aprakash@apache-labs.com, and same email to support@apache-labs.com on February 1, 2024 at around 6:30pm est., and haven’t heard or received anything back. How long does it normally take for AL to respond? Below I’ve copy, and pasted email that was sent for transparency…

Hey,
This Kenny Durham. I submitted $1000.00 on December 5th Order Number: AC-42**, for preorder of G2 100 watt with face, and was wondering what’s the estimated date for shipment? If it’s quicker to get G2 100 watt black face without knobs/face, I’d rather go that route, but if it’ll take the same amount of time for delivery just keep order as is.

Thanks
Kenny Durham Jr.
KO4ORC

I am afraid that we were "deceived."
syracusepro

Postby syracusepro » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:04 am

amikosun wrote:
KO4ORC wrote:Getting a little concerned, and especially with all the comments in this forum. Sent email to aprakash@apache-labs.com, and same email to support@apache-labs.com on February 1, 2024 at around 6:30pm est., and haven’t heard or received anything back. How long does it normally take for AL to respond? Below I’ve copy, and pasted email that was sent for transparency…

Hey,

Thanks
Kenny Durham Jr.
KO4ORC

I placed my order recently. Here in the US, several people have received the radio, the new G2. It seems to me that we need to patiently wait, but using a good payment method, you can secure your money if anything happens. I am assuming, it will take more than few days, as per others who have ordered.
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:15 am

syracusepro wrote:
amikosun wrote:

Hey,

Thanks
Kenny Durham Jr.
KO4ORC

I placed my order recently. Here in the US, several people have received the radio, the new G2. It seems to me that we need to patiently wait, but using a good payment method, you can secure your money if anything happens. I am assuming, it will take more than few days, as per others who have ordered.

You have not read the forum and messages earlier that I paid back in December 2022 and are still waiting. There are no answers to the letters, no one returned the money to me. Do I have to wait so many years?
ka1sdr

Postby ka1sdr » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:54 pm

i received my G2 Thursday just under 4 weeks from order to delivery.
WR4N

Postby WR4N » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:00 pm

amikosun wrote:

Hey,

Thanks
Kenny Durham Jr.
KO4ORC

I am confident that no one has been "DECEIVED." Abhi and the A.L. Team are brilliant engineers, but I will be the first to acknowledge that they are very lacking in their communications. Nonetheless, the G2-1K is now my 4th or 5th (I think my 5th) Apache Labs order and I have always received the product for which I paid. Again, Abhi should have sent another update email by now - and I have no problem with stating that. However, communications have always been the A.L. "Achilles' Heel" - but in all my dealings with them, there has never been any Deception. They have ventured out into completely uncharted waters, have had to deal with countless logistics challenges, have had to make numerous modifications as they encountered issues, etc. They could have shipped a transceiver that delivered less power than they eventually promised - they could have shipped a transceiver that noted certain limitations (like not running data modes over 500 watts or whatever) - they could have stuck with an external power supply and a significant loss in voltage, resulting in lower TX output power - but when a challenge has arisen, they have continually raised the bar (instead of accepting mediocrity). Their goal has been to produce the world's first, 1.5 kW Ham Radio Transceiver, with Pure Signal, Diversity Reception, unmatched NR, Broadcast Quality Audio, etc. - and that provides 100% reliable performance; I am confident that they will deliver. I have lost track of how long I have been waiting, the number of delays, the number of changes made to the original design in order to use available components, and the multiple postponed shipping dates. Do I get frustrated at times? Yes - all those waiting get frustrated. But when I am finally able to operate the G2-1K, all the past frustrations will fade away. I have no vested interest in defending Apache Labs - all I have is past experiences with them; those past purchases (which were also lacking in the level of communications I desired) leave me still elated and excited about "The Day" I receive my final invoice. And that day will come - of that, I am sure.
ANAN 7000 DLE MKIII
Thetis 2.10.3.6 x64 (1/28/24) dev_2
HP VICTUS (Gaming Laptop) - Intel Core i7 - 16GB memory - 512GB SSD - NVIDIA Graphics - WINDOWS 10

Best 73s,
WR4N - David
DO2ZA Erwin

Postby DO2ZA Erwin » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:35 pm

Hi All,

i am very, very happy to get an Anan 7000 dle MkII here local, only 30 km away. When i red the Discussion here , it a shame !!! Abhi must think about this!! Thats not a thing about a Global Factory, its a shame. I, personally would not order a new one becouse this lack communicat!!

73 erwin
Anan 7000DLE MK2 black, P.2 v2.1.18, WIN 10, 10.0.18362 (1903), i7-7700 @3.60 Ghz, 2x Monitor 24"@144 Hz and 1x 32" Monitor @120 FPS for Thetis
AC9PA

Postby AC9PA » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:58 am

Well the end of the month is coming! I’m thinking June or next Xmas ! HiHi Really don’t think there going to ship this month but could be wrong. I’m wishing I hadn’t sold my 7000 ! Running a Flex now . If the Anan Company goes out just think what a 7000 or g2 is going to cost you !!! Thinking of buying a used Anan if can find one at reasonable price.
As to not responding to emails well their not telling you some BS there not talking at all . Hihi At my work No News was good News
I do have a suggestion for the Company find an old grumpy ham that can talk a line of crap! Have him take care of the complaints .
There would be no pay necessary as the grumpy old ham would get total enjoyment from his work. Maybe one of you would be interested.
Oh by the way think my order was around number 58 . They can make it 10p if they like . Maybe most of the problems will be solved.
73s Byron AC9PA
amikosun

Postby amikosun » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:55 pm

ka1sdr wrote:i received my G2 Thursday just under 4 weeks from order to delivery.

How did you manage that? And why can't I get anything for more than a year?
Attachments
anan.JPG
anan.JPG (47.84 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
w3ub

Postby w3ub » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:40 pm

The main reason is he ordered a G2, which is shipping and only a 100W radio, which they know how to build.

The higher power radios are not shipping, to anyone. Personally I think they will have a major struggle getting 1kW radios shipping, and even if they do will they have major reliability problems. Most RFPA manufactures had (some still do) reliability problems.

Only time will tell if and when they start shipping the higher power radios.

In the meantime, it is shameful that people can't get replies to their requests to cancel orders.

I would never pay with anything other than a CC, and never give them more than 3 months to ship. Even then to get a refund you'll almost certainly have to contact your CC company.

Just my two cents.

Doug
rbduck

Postby rbduck » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:37 pm

I purchased my 7000DLE MKII around August 2019 It was supposed to ship immediately. A month went by and no radio. I sent an email. I waited a week and no answer. And another and another. Finally it was announced that the radios would ship in time for Christmas 2019. Finally, in December I received and email that the radios would definitely ship before Christmas. I received another email on 12/16 stating that the radio had shipped. I received it two days later and the FedEx guy that delivered it in a torrential downpour of rain. The box was completely covered in plastic and it arrived totally dry. Best Christmas I ever had.

After watching them since then I'm finally of the opinion that no matter how many emails you send them, THEY are not going to answer until they're good and ready. Even then, what I've witnessed in the past 18 months has been way outside the norm. I hope Apache-Labs will get their issues corrected soon and the radios delivered. I believe they are a good company, but my opinion has it's limits. I think they need to give a "real" explanation about the status of the completion and deliveries. I know thy have done that already a couple of times. At this point any communication is better then none. NO communication is detrimental to all the goodwill they have acquired over the years. I hope everyone receives their radios soon! I'm anxious to hear one of those babies on the air! My two cents. Good luck to you!! :D
Ruben
NB4R
Apache-Labs Anan 7000DLE MKII Black -- Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 -- Windows 11

Return to “Apache Labs News”