No receive functionality with Metis_Orion_MkIII_P2_CV_21.7

FIRMWARE TOPICS ONLY--non-firmware topics will be MOVED
Forum rules
Until such time as the New Protocol firmware goes into general release, all discussion will be concentrated here.
Torrey

Three Unsuccessful Attempts to Install Metis_Orion_MkIII_P2_CV_21.7

Postby Torrey » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:28 am

I installed "Metis_Orion_MkIII_P2_CV_21.7" three times today.
The process was smooth. Thetis 2.0.9.6 boots and turns on. Interesting that most transmit and transmit audio functions work normally.
Receive bandwidth settings can be made dramatically wide. However, no signals received and none displayed on the panadaptor. No sequencing occurs.

Return to a P1 firmware was painless. Anxiously awaiting a release protocol 2 firmware.
Mine is a NEW 7000DLE MKIII and the P2 firmware I tried is the one supposedly for all MKIII machines.

73 Torrey N9PY
w-u-2-o

No receive functionality with Metis_Orion_MkIII_P2_CV_21.7

Postby w-u-2-o » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:03 pm

You post had nothing to do with the topic you randomly tacked it onto, so it has been moved to its own topic in the proper forum (Protocol 2 firmware problem, Protocol 2 topic, Protocol 2 forum...)

Try turning off your Windows firewall. Also run the "firewall check" that is built into Thetis setup.

This problem is also eerily similar to the one in this other topic: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4543

If both of these events are related to the same thing then it definitely suggests it's a Windows issue with P2 firmware hence the suggestion to check the firewall. P1 and P2 each use a different set of TCP/IP and UDP ports.

Return to “Protocol 2 Firmware (all radios)”