PowerSDR and Thetis keyboard shortcuts for your control surfaces

A place to discuss and exchange ideas on all types of control surfaces for PowerSDR and Thetis.
w-u-2-o

PowerSDR and Thetis keyboard shortcuts for your control surfaces

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:40 pm

These keyboard shortcuts originally obtained at https://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=PowerSDR_Keyboard_Shortcut_List

It is not known if these are all accurate and still functional in either PowerSDR mRX PS or Thetis. Please post additions and corrections below.

Do not make this topic about programming your control surface. Posts in this topic about anything other than the accuracy and completeness of this list will be deleted without notice or discussion.

UPDATE 26 Sep 2022 for Thetis courtesy Ron, VK3IO

* = default setting in Setup > Keyboard, configurable on that setup screen.

space bar TX/RX Toggle after MOX is on until you click on any other button of the GUI
- Master AF gain decrease
+ Master AF gain increase
* Mute Toggle
[ XIT Up (10 Hz increments)
A Freq. Down 1 MHz*
B Filter Up*
D Freq. Down 10 KHz*
E Freq. Up 10 KHz*
F Freq Down 1 KHz*
G Freq Down 100 Hz*
H Freq Down 10 Hz*
I RIT Down* (10 Hz increments)
J Freq Down 1 Hz*
K IF Shift Left
L IF Shift Right
M Band Change Up*
N Band Change Down*
O RIT Up* (10 Hz increments)
P XIT Down* (10 Hz increments)
Q Freq Up 1 MHz*
R Freq Up 1 KHz*
S Freq Down 100 KHz*
T Freq Up 100 Hz*
U Freq Up 1 Hz*
V Filter Down*
W Freq Up 100 KHz*
X Mode Change Up*
Y Freq Up 10 Hz*
Z Mode Down*
ALT+B Toggle NB On/Off (broken in Thetis, the BPF menu line option interferes with it's operation)
ALT+C CW Form (in collapse mode only in Thetis)
ALT+D Open Diversity Form
ALT+E Open TX Equalizer Form
ALT+F Filter Wider
ALT+G Copy VFO A to VFO B
ALT+H Copy VFO B to VFO A
ALT+I IF Shift Reset (centered)
ALT+M Memory Form
ALT+N Toggle NB2 On/Off
ALT+Q CW Speed Up
ALT+R RIT Zero
ALT+S Setup Form (not working in Thetis)
ALT+T Toggle TUNE on/off
ALT+V Swap VFOs A/B
ALT+W Wave Form (not working in Thetis)
ALT+X XVTR Form
ALT+Y XIT Zero Beat
ALT+Z Zero Beat
F1 CW Memory 1
F2 CW Memory 2
F3 CW Memory 3
F4 CW Memory 4
F5 CW Memory 5
CTRL+ "up arrow" VFO A Increase freq. by tune step
CTRL+ "down arrow" VFO A decrease freq. by tune step
CTRL+"-" AGC-T Gain Down (not working in Thetis)
CTRL+"+" AGC-T Gain Up (not working in Thetis)
CTRL+A Cycles through AGC modes
CTRL+B Toggle NR on/off
CTRL+C Quick Save
CTRL+D Changes spectral display to Panadapter or Spectrum modes
CTRL+E AGC Gain Decrease
CTRL+F Filter Narrower
CTRL+J IF Shift Decrease
CTRL+L Toggle VFO lock/unlock
CTRL+M Toggle MOX on/off
CTRL+N Toggle ANF on/off
CTRL+P Preamp
CTRL+S Toggle Split on/off
CTRL+R AGC Gain Increase
CTRL+V Quick recall
CTRL+W CW Speed Down
CTRL+ALT+U UCB configuration form
CTRL+"Left Arrow" Tune Step Increase
CTRL+"Right Arrow" Tune Step Decrease
vk3io

Re: PowerSDR and Thetis keyboard shortcuts for your control surfaces

Postby vk3io » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:20 am

Hello Scott and all, who maybe interested in the Thetis software keyboard shortcut list and how they behave.

Thank for this keyboard shortcut list and for the link to the original PowerSDR list.

Up until this point in time, I have never been interested in using keyboard shortcuts, so it is all new to me.

After examining this list and checking the accuracy and behavior of most shortcut operations (not all), I offer my observations and comments/additions for the Thetis software.

-AF gain decrease and + AF gain increase only apply to the Master AF.

The XIT Up, RIT Down, RIT Up and XIT Down increment/decrement by 10Hz per key press.

I could not find a keyboard short for XIT ON or OFF or RIT ON or OFF, which to me is a sad and I think sorely missed shortcut. Maybe I missed it.

ALT +C CWX Form only works when the the screen is in a Collapsed Mode. When the screen is Expanded, pressing ALT +C only highlights the CWX button, but the CWX Form does not appear.

ALT +S Setup Form and ALT +W Wave Form do not work. The Setup Form and Wave Form do not show up, the only thing that happens is the Setup and Wave buttons are highlighted.

ALT +M and ALT +X do work, the form screens do show up.

ALT +B is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut is for the BPF Form and it works.

ALT +D is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut is for the Diversity Form and it works.

ALT +E is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut is for the Equalizer Settings Form and it works.

CLT +D is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut for changing the spectrum scope view, toggling from one type of view, which I thing is Transmit Audio Spectrum to the standard band spectrum view.

CLT +E is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut is for Decrease AGC gain.

CLT +J is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut is for IF Shift Down.

CLT +"Left Arrow" is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut is for Incrementing the Tune Step UP.

CLT +"Right Arrow" is an additional shortcut to the above list by Scott and this shortcut is for Decrementing the Tune Step DOWN.

The above two short cuts, will cycle through the Tune step list continuously, one step per shortcut keypress operation, in the following UP step sequence, such as 1Hz, 2Hz, 10Hz, 25Hz, 50Hz, 100Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1KHz, 2KHz, 2.5KHz, 5KHz, 6.25KHz, 9Khz, 10KHz, 12.5Khz, 15KHz, 20KHz, 25Khz, 30KHz, 50KHz, 100KHz, 250KHz, 500KHz, 1MHz 10MHz and then cycle back to 1Hz, 2Hz, 10Hz, etc, for each short keypress sequence and similarly, the same Tune steps for the DOWN sequence.

CLT + "-", does nothing. Does not work.

CLT + "Shift +", does nothing. Does not work.

CLT +A cycles through the AGC settings options, one step per keyboard short cut operation.

Cheers, from Ron. vk3io.
w-u-2-o

Re: PowerSDR and Thetis keyboard shortcuts for your control surfaces

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:52 pm

Thanks a ton for that, Ron! :)

I found that ALT-B is basically broken, and I found that CTRL+R is AGC gain increase.

Return to “Macro & MIDI Controller Software, Hardware & Scripts”