midi command RXbypass on Tx

A place to discuss and exchange ideas on all types of control surfaces for PowerSDR and Thetis.
VK4BXI

midi command RXbypass on Tx

Postby VK4BXI » Mon May 09, 2022 4:43 am

I would like to know if I can access the "Rxbypass on Tx" on midi. Currently trawling through the list for my MP3e2 MIDI I don't see anything that looks right.
For me at the moment, I only use my amp and its external PS feedback on certain bands and one antenna input and find that I keep having to turn this feature on and off every time I change antenna connections as it appears only to be set globally.

Regards Bob VK4BXI
w-u-2-o

Re: midi command RXbypass on Tx

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon May 09, 2022 11:21 am

There is no MIDI or CAT support for that setting.

Are you using two different antennas, one for QRO and one for barefoot op's?
VK4BXI

Postby VK4BXI » Mon May 09, 2022 12:33 pm

Yes I have a 20Metres and up hexbeam that I can use QRO and a long wire that is matched with an auto tuner.

The only other solution that I have thought of, would be to do the switching after the rig. That would work as I can run PS down to ~10 watts, but don't have a switch rated to 1kW at the moment . If I do that then any slip-up with forgeting to put the amp on standby will toast the tuner which is rated 100watts.

I have setup the O/C outputs to control the amp band switching and more importantly the ex PA control so at the moment I can control not smoking the long wire.

Another answer would be to set the RXbypass by band (or rather) antenna. But that would be a long way down on Ritchies to do stack and more work to implement (I'm assuming that).

Regards Bob
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Mon May 09, 2022 3:06 pm

The "A" answer is to get a QRO rated tuner, but those are admittedly $$$
VK4BXI

Postby VK4BXI » Mon May 09, 2022 9:24 pm

Agreed Scott, sadly that will have to wait for a while...for the next combined Christmas and birthday wish maybe. The Amp blew my piggy bank for a while.

Regards Bob
VK4BXI

Postby VK4BXI » Thu May 19, 2022 10:53 pm

Ok update and closure on the topic.
One I have got into the amp Tx O/P before the antenna output switch with a neg 50db tap off, so I can now put all antenna connections through the amplifier, with the amp selecting the antenna output by frequency.
Two removing the matcher on my long wire. Adding a coax driven switch at the long wire and discrete QRO matching networks for 40 and 80 metres.
It would still be nice to have a midi command for this but, this is what ham radio is all about.

Thanks Scott
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu May 19, 2022 11:34 pm

That really is what ham radio is all about! Great job on the modification!

Return to “Macro & MIDI Controller Software, Hardware & Scripts”