New PC build with LED lighting?

Post your awesome projects here for everyone to marvel at!
Dave30019

New PC build with LED lighting?

Postby Dave30019 » Sun May 28, 2023 9:40 am

I've noticed the new PC cases, parts, etc all seem to have LED lighting. Has anyone noticed any birdies or other issues using the LED lighting? I'm building a new PC and the case has fans with LED's, not sure if I should go with the LEDs connected. The dimms, and cpu fan do not have LEDs just the 3 fans. I'm not using a graphics card or liquid cooler just a DeepCool AK400 cpu fan with no LEDs and case fans.
The case, Lian Li 'Lancool 205 Mesh', came with an LED controller.

Dave
k4em
Mark C

Re: New PC build with LED lighting?

Postby Mark C » Sun May 28, 2023 11:41 am

Hi Dave
I am not sure if this will help you or not, but I personally have noticed with my ic-7300 (don't have my G-2 yet), that my Asus Led Monitor does indeed add noise to my receive. I have the cables torroided (if there is such a word) and it makes no difference. When I turn off the monitor the noise goes away.

I do have a small SDR receiver and have noticed the spikes on the screen that verify this condition.

As far as led lighting in the computer, I do have 1 or maybe 2, and have not heard any noise from them.

Hope this helps a bit. I do realize that the ANAN's receiver is much more sensitive than either the 7300 or the sdr receiver I have...so I am quite concerned about this monitor as well as the led lighting in my PC> I will most probably get a different monitor and pc setup when I do receive my G-2, just to be on the safe side.

Mark

Return to “PC's & Homebrew Hardware”