Major forum access problems at this time--NOW FIXED

Forum rules
If you forgot your password, please use the password reset feature.

For profile changes or private issues, please contact a moderator by email or PM (use "The team" link at the bottom of the page)
w-u-2-o

Major forum access problems at this time--NOW FIXED

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:33 am

All,

For some unknown reason the web hosting provider has changed the URL with which the forum may be accessed.

The old URL was: https://apache-labs.com/community/

The current URL is: https://community.apache-labs.com/

Again, why this happened I can't say.

This has the quite serious effects of:

- Rendering all bookmarks wrong
- Rendering all browser URL caches wrong
- Breaking all external links to the forum
- Worst of all, breaking all forum links posted in the forum

I have been sending emails frequently throughout the day to get this situation repaired. Apache is aware. The hosting people are aware. But the hosting company is located in India and 12 or 14 hours removed from the time zones of the majority of the forum members.

I hope to see the forum URL returned to it's previous state tomorrow. In the meantime, for those of you who figured out how to actually access the forum at the current URL, please spread the word about the situation as best as you can.

Thanks,

Scott
W1AEX

Re: MAJOR FORUM ACCESS PROBLEMS AT THIS TIME

Postby W1AEX » Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:30 am

Hi Scott,

I thought the forum was down this morning. I was able to get in from the main Apache Labs web site. The "Community" link led me right here. Maybe someone at Apache Labs made the change? As you said, this definitely makes it difficult to track reference links to forum posts from within the threads. Hope the original address can be restored for that reason alone. Thanks for investigating this.

73, Rob W1AEx
"One thing I am certain of is that there is too much certainty in the world."
w-u-2-o

Re: Major forum access problems at this time--NOW FIXED

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:40 am

The host provider has fixed the problem. You will see all queries to apache-labs.com/community now be redirected to community.apache-labs.com. The redirect preserves everyone's hard work to date and all old and existing links are now working again.

Thanks for your patience!

Scott

Return to “Forum Problems (like posting photos, etc.)”