Frequency calibration? BPSK button? skewed from dial

kc2rgw

Frequency calibration? BPSK button? skewed from dial

Postby kc2rgw » Tue May 31, 2022 4:30 pm

I just built linHPSDR today, on an Ubuntu 22.04 LTS system. Compiled and runs nicely btw.

It was all working fine until I got my monkey paws into something that screwed it up.

It has something to do with the BPSK button. The frequency is now skewed quite far from what the VFO is reading on both RX and TX.

The BPSK button, not sure what it does but when clicked if you transmit, the radio just takes off. Currently it's about 620Hz off the VFO frequency.

Does anyone know what I managed to do and how to reverse it?
kc2rgw

Re: Frequency calibration? BPSK button? skewed from dial

Postby kc2rgw » Tue May 31, 2022 5:26 pm

So, the BPSK button seems to be somehow related to frequency calibration.

Tune to WWV in SAM mode it skewed back closer to zero.

I've been unable to get it to actually calibrate to zero again however so still looking for any hints as to where calibration is stored or how to get this re-zeroed.

It was working pretty nicely before I hit the BPSK button and sent it flying off frequency.

I have Reaper for linux and jack for audio all working and linHPSDR picks up on the pulseaudio input I have jacked from the output of Reaper so even though it's only a 3-band EQ you can still get the audio sounding good using Reaper or Ardour etc to clean it up.
kc2rgw

Re: Frequency calibration? BPSK button? skewed from dial

Postby kc2rgw » Tue May 31, 2022 5:55 pm

Ok, so be careful, this information may get stale...

The BPSK button is there for calibrating against a frequency source...that I don't have. So when I hit it, the software took off applying a "correction" without a reference signal to set it with.

The fix is in the .props file.

This file is in ~/.local/share/linhpsdr

With the radio shut down.... open the *.props file in there.

The fix is to find the line with error_a and error_b and set the values to 0 and restart the radio.

Return to “linHPSDR”