G2 Shipping, Duties, etc. costs

KA5KKT

G2 Shipping, Duties, etc. costs

Postby KA5KKT » Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:05 pm

My 7000DLE MKII bit the dust through no fault of it's own.

The G2 is about to go up $300 in price on Wednesday. Those of you who may have received a plain face G2 from AU(?) what costs can one expect to incur for Shipping, Duties and such? ...and local sales tax? ...paperwork hassle? Are there any US-based alternatives?

I don't know of any other rigs that do diversity in the fashion of Anan.

Thanks & 73,
Dick - KA5KKT
K1LSB

Re: G2 Shipping, Duties, etc. costs

Postby K1LSB » Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:50 am

Have you contacted Doug W5WC to assess whether your rig is repairable?

Mark
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:18 am

KA5KKT wrote:My 7000DLE MKII bit the dust through no fault of it's own.

The G2 is about to go up $300 in price on Wednesday. Those of you who may have received a plain face G2 from AU(?) what costs can one expect to incur for Shipping, Duties and such? ...and local sales tax? ...paperwork hassle? Are there any US-based alternatives?

I don't know of any other rigs that do diversity in the fashion of Anan.

Thanks & 73,
Dick - KA5KKT

The only radios/software that does Diversity Reception with Phase Cancelation like Thetis is the old Flex 5000A with dual receivers and using PowerSDR. PowerSDR is where the Diversity Reception in Thetis originally came from.
Other than that, I don't know of any other, current radios that have the same feature in their software.
More than likely your new radio won't come from Australia. They are manufactured and shipped from India. I don't believe there are any import duties for the radios coming into the United States. There have been a couple of people say they had to pay a fee to the shipping company. And others do not mention having to do that anymore.
As for shipping charges, Apache Labs should be able to tell you that when you make your final payment.
James
WD5GWY
KA5KKT

Postby KA5KKT » Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:59 am

Thanks, James.
KA5KKT

Postby KA5KKT » Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:03 am

K1LSB wrote:Have you contacted Doug W5WC to assess whether your rig is repairable?

Mark

Yes, I shipped to to Doug a while back. He deemed it as not a good candidate for repair and offered to ship it back. I suggested I didn't need another $40 or so door stop. :)

Dick
W1SWL

Postby W1SWL » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:32 am

Dick:
I received my G2 a little over a month ago. There were no importation/customs duties to the USA. Nor were there any shipping fees either.
I paid the price listed on the Apache website. The total number of days from order placement until receipt of the G2 (no display) was 32 days. The rig was 5 days in transit from India to Connecticut. I hope this answers your question. Your experience may vary on the time between order and shipment. 73 Art W1SWL
KA5KKT

Postby KA5KKT » Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:19 pm

Thanks, Art
Dick - KA5KKT

W1SWL wrote:Dick:
I received my G2 a little over a month ago. There were no importation/customs duties to the USA. Nor were there any shipping fees either.
I paid the price listed on the Apache website. The total number of days from order placement until receipt of the G2 (no display) was 32 days. The rig was 5 days in transit from India to Connecticut. I hope this answers your question. Your experience may vary on the time between order and shipment. 73 Art W1SWL

Return to “Sales, Delivery, Warranty & Repair Discussions”