Purchase direct

laserbill

Purchase direct

Postby laserbill » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:28 am

Anyone from the UK bought direct from the factory and
did you get charged import duty & VAT on top of the purchase price?
About to order the ANAN-7000DLE MKII

73 Bill
Tony EI7BMB

Re: Purchase direct

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:53 am

Hi Bill, I'm not in UK but EU has the same rules at present as far as I know . You should pay VAT but not duty . If I'm not mistaken your VAT is currently reduced so good time to buy with the USD rate better than it has been for a while. If you can, get a revolut virtual card for best exchange rate to USD
PaulManc

Postby PaulManc » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:42 am

Hi Bill,

I bought mine from Sam @ Radioworld and very happy 8-)

Paul
Manchester
laserbill

Postby laserbill » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:18 pm

Thanks Guys.
Just for info Apache labs responded
"Amateur Radio equipment is duty free import into the UK, you will have to pay VAT on import"
ON8EI

Postby ON8EI » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:22 pm

Hello Laserbill,
How did it work out re import duty and VAT? How is it going with the radio?
73's JD.
liam

VAT

Postby liam » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:21 am

Hi note if you purchase direct from AL you will not have any where in Europe for repair
The radio will have to be sent back to India or USA AL have not got a repair base in Europe

If you purchase direct from say WS in UK then they will repair radios purchased from WS

Liam
K1LSB

Re: VAT

Postby K1LSB » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:24 pm

liam wrote:Hi note if you purchase direct from AL you will not have any where in Europe for repair
The radio will have to be sent back to India or USA AL have not got a repair base in Europe

If you purchase direct from say WS in UK then they will repair radios purchased from WS

Liam

Liam,

I believer you misunderstood what Apache Labs Support told you in an earlier post: they said that if you purchased factory direct the radio could be sent to a UK distributor if the repair is under warranty (but out of warranty repairs would need to be sent to the US or AU).

Here is the original post:

administrator » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:15 pm
Hello Liam,

We will assign a repair job with a Distributor workshop if the radio is under warranty, it does not need to be send to AU or the US, however, due to very high repair costs in the EU, out of warranty products need to be shipped to our US/AU workshops,

We are already actively looking to appoint an authorized repair center in the EU and will have it in place shortly,

We encourage you to buy from our Distributors in the EU,

Regards,

Apache Labs Support
liam

Hi

Postby liam » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:51 am

No mistake here is a some detail from an emails i Got from AL support

Hello Liam,

Can you ship to our repair facility in the US? Do you know what the fault is? Maybe only the faulty PCB needs to be repaired which will save shipping costs,

Regards,

Tony

ALSO

Hello Liam,

You will have to contact dwigley@apache-labs.com, the unit will have to be send to our US service depot,

Regards,

Tony,

no local support for EU repair also no misunderstanding

liam

Postby liam » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:10 am

HI sorry I forgot to add that I contacted Waters and Staunton and other suppliers for
Al on line They told me that they will only support radio purchased direct Not radios
purchased Direct from Al

If you go as I did email hose listed on site list of support providers they all only support
radios purchased from their own customers in or out or warranty which is fair and even if a radio is out of
warranty sending it to the USA for repair is a bit harsh

Return to “Sales, Delivery, Warranty & Repair Discussions”