Worst Customer Support

N2QQF

Worst Customer Support

Postby N2QQF » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:52 pm

I have convinced two friends to make the switch to Anan from Flex, I have to say its embarrassing that they cannot get orders processed. I am also not getting responses to any emails after they are delayed on my order by 3 weeks. We have separately sent emails to them with no answers, feedback etc...

I get orders are late, I understand there are supply chain issues beyond their reach. What I can't seem to understand are the things within their control, such as basic customer service skills. They are in full control of interacting with their customers. Lets face it, the deposits are us funding their operations which isn't common business practice. I don't think car companies take deposits for funding their operations. In fact, I can order a new car with only A small deposit and ONLY IF IT IS A CUSTOM ORDER. I understand we are talking apples and oranges here but the fact they cant answer simple email request is a major issue, especially now that I am funding my build.

I don't understand how not answering emails are an acceptable method of handling business in today's world. In fact, you cant even call them either, f you try to call them it goes unanswered....no one picks up. I know that because I have tried calling at different hours. How long do we continue to allow this to keep going before things change. Unanswered emails and outright lack of any response, basically tells me the value they place on their customers. Their silence is deafening and tells me they do not care whatsoever about us as customers... This is now my second order and I must be a fool but I maybe making a switch because of it. I recommended a few friends make the switch from flex to Anan, who have since placed orders with no responses and I am honestly embarrassed that I did. Say what you want about Flex but they have a ticketing system and they address customer issues and most certainly new orders.

I am thoroughly disappointed!!!!!
KC2QMA

Re: Worst Customer Support

Postby KC2QMA » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:19 pm

You know the old saying “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”.
Anyone who pays to be treated like that is and continues to do so is just not thinking things through.
Here’s a thought what happens if the radio breaks under warranty, do think all the sudden their customer support is going to get better?
You can always pick up a used one someday.

I say get out while you can, save your money and don’t be a glutton for punishment. Unless you like that sort of thing.
N2QQF

Postby N2QQF » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:52 pm

KC2QMA wrote:You know the old saying “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”.
Anyone who pays to be treated like that is and continues to do so is just not thinking things through.
Here’s a thought what happens if the radio breaks under warranty, do think all the sudden their customer support is going to get better?
You can always pick up a used one someday.

I say get out while you can, save your money and don’t be a glutton for punishment. Unless you like that sort of thing.

i am almost at that point now. What amazes me more is the fact is how silent people remain about it... almost like fearing they will suffer backlash for it. I am almost ready to make the switch to the SunSDR, it may be a better option for me at the moment.
administrator

Postby administrator » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:13 am

Hello Frank,

We have emailed you twice with your order status and scheduled ship date, once last week and again today, not sure as to why you have not received these emails, maybe have a look in your spam folder,

As an update all 7000DLE MKII orders will ship within the next 2-3 weeks starting Monday the 26th of September. We expect to have all pending orders for the 7000DLE MKII shipped out within this time frame,

Regards,

Tony,
Apache Labs Support
N2QQF

Postby N2QQF » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:23 am

I have not received one email the entire time. I have emailed multiple different email addresses. i checked my spam folder many times to ensure this wasn't an issue. I have received a few email exchanges previously from Anan and there were marked a safe sender. I will await confirmation of shipment, thank you for your response.

If this is indeed the case, There seems to be an error in your outgoing email given many folks seem to be having the same problem. I also never received invoice for final payment.

I appreciate the update.
administrator

Postby administrator » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:25 am

Hello Frank,

That is a bit disconcerting, I had escalated this to Abhi and he has send an email to you about half an hour ago, have you not received that email too? can you please confirm,

Regards,

Tony
administrator

Postby administrator » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:27 am

You are correct wrt the email woes, we had our web host change our email servers due to several issues including customers not receiving emails, if you are still not receiving emails then that is a concern which we need to escalate ASAP to our web hosting provider,

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Tony
rbduck

Postby rbduck » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:38 pm

Even three years ago they were having email issues. I complained about not receiving any replies from Apache. I then found all their
replies in a secondary junk or spam folder I never knew existed. It was well worth the wait.
Ruben
NB4R
Apache-Labs Anan 7000DLE MKII Black -- Thetis 2.10.3.6 dev_2 -- Windows 11
N2QQF

Postby N2QQF » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:26 pm

Ruben, I know its my second one that I am ordering, so i agree.

I was frustrated with the lack or contact and information, so luckily it has been addressed and we are all on track.

Thank you everyone for the follow up.
w9ac

Postby w9ac » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:54 am

administrator wrote:You are correct wrt the email woes, we had our web host change our email servers due to several issues including customers not receiving emails...

Consider creating a Gmail account as a back-up to your business mail sever. For my business, it's an ongoing problem with some client's trying to send messages that never arrive. In several instances, the back-up account has saved me from their wrath. I check the back-up mail account every few days.

Paul, W9AC
drwil

Postby drwil » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:05 pm

Good morning. I received a couple of emails earlier in July and August this Summer from Apache Labs support in response to my inquiry about my order. The update as to the shipping coming up on October 5th for the Andromeda orders I receive via one of the community posts by Tony from Apache Lab support. I have NOT received any emails for payment of the balance on the Andromeda I ordered on May 22, 2022. I hope the shipping of the backlogs goes as said by Tony in that post. I will wait for that invoice email in the coming days before October 5, 2022. 73 de NM4W Dr. WiL
W0JAY

Postby W0JAY » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:24 pm

Well I was told that I will getting my invoice with in the time of that was giving on the website. Well that has come and gone. I have emailed them and haven't gotten a reply as of yet. Witch I find disturbing cause they approved this for me to join the forums really fast. Why don't they reply to emails that quick. Also give realistic time frames on shipping radios. If they cant make there own time frame maybe they shouldn't give one or maybe tell the customer its going to be 8 to 10 weeks and if they get it sooner everybody is happy. I was expecting my radio at some point this week and have not seen the last invoice to pay and get the shipping prosses going.

Hope they can get things going in the right direction.
Last edited by W0JAY on Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W0JAY
Jay
W0JAY

Postby W0JAY » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:29 pm

Where is mine then? Frank told me this was going to be a good switch from Flex to ANAN and well it don't seem to be going that way. I may just go over to the SunSDR. Its been 4 weeks and I was told Oct 4 it should be shipped out and I have not heard anything at this point. A buddy of mine ordered his same day as me and he was told Oct 3 and he still hasn't heard anything.

What happens if something happens to the radio or we need tech support is this how long its going to take to get things fixed or taken care of if there is a problem?

Jay
administrator wrote:Hello Frank,

We have emailed you twice with your order status and scheduled ship date, once last week and again today, not sure as to why you have not received these emails, maybe have a look in your spam folder,

As an update all 7000DLE MKII orders will ship within the next 2-3 weeks starting Monday the 26th of September. We expect to have all pending orders for the 7000DLE MKII shipped out within this time frame,

Regards,

Tony,
Apache Labs Support
W0JAY
Jay
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:17 pm

W0JAY wrote:Witch I find disturbing cause they approved this for me to join the forums really fast.
Apache has nothing to do with this forum other than providing the web hosting for it. NC3Z and myself do 99% of the upkeep, moderation and administration. We do it as volunteers with absolutely no compensation of any kind. So the forum can't be used as a benchmark with respect to Apache customer support.
What happens if something happens to the radio or we need tech support is this how long its going to take to get things fixed or taken care of if there is a problem?
If you weren't aware, Apache only builds hardware. They happen to load the necessary firmware on that hardware before they ship it. Apache does not create any software, nor any firmware. They do an excellent job of supporting those that do. All software (e.g. Thetis, piHPSDR, PowerSDR, linHPSDR, etc.) is created by volunteer developers and is 100% open source. The same is true for all of the firmware.

Apache does a good job of supporting their hardware in the US via their US service representative, Doug, W5WC. I can't speak to areas outside of the US.

For all software and firmware support you have this forum but remember it's a community here, not an Apache driven thing. There is also a groups.io group and a Facebook group out there, if forums aren't your thing.

Bugs are fixed and features are added at the whim of whatever open source, volunteer, hobbyist developers that may or may not be active at any given time.
W0JAY

Postby W0JAY » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:54 pm

I was talking about getting hardware fixed not software.

But anyway, I think your missing the point and I will leave it at that.
W0JAY
Jay
Trucker

Postby Trucker » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:45 pm

W0JAY wrote:I was talking about getting hardware fixed not software.

Scott gave you the answer about hardware support here in the US. Doug, W5WC, provides good technical support and repair if needed. You don't have to send a radio out of the country for repairs if needed.
I understand your frustration over communication problems with Apache labs. They have offered an explanation as to why they are either slow to respond to inquiries or don't reply at all. Had I not found a good deal on an 8000DLE, I would have been in the same boat as you and others are about their communication problems.
People are reporting here and on the Facebook page either getting their radios or getting notices of shipment. So, it is happening. If you try calling them, remember there is a big difference in their local time and ours.
James
WD5GWY
oh, I have seen used Anan radios for sale recently on qth.com and qrz.com recently. And with the new 8000DLE MKII coming out, some may be selling their Anans they currently have in order to fund a new radio.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:42 pm

W0JAY wrote:I was talking about getting hardware fixed not software.

Yes, and for getting hardware fixed the US community has an outstanding resource in Doug for as long as he remains Apache's US service representative. His comm's are top notch, his work is fast and of the highest craftsmanship, and his shipping quick and reliable.

I fully understand your overarching concerns. I shared many of those same concerns both before and after I received my first Apache Labs hardware over seven years ago. I managed to avoid the challenges associated with the acquisition of hardware by seeking to obtain used equipment, rather than new.
W0JAY

Postby W0JAY » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:32 am

Well guys it makes me feel better about getting a Anan. At least I know there will be people out there to help and fix if needed. That makes me feel better. Just wish they company itself would be a little more responsive to there emails.

Thank you
W0JAY
Jay
N5BE

Postby N5BE » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:38 pm

Ordered a 7000 on 9/8. Invoice paid 10/2. Radio shipped today 10/7! I'm happy but I concur with the comms issues. What's disconcerting is your account info does not get updated to reflect the invoice payment. Saying that my radio shipped within the stated lead time and within Scott's 9/22 message on here. Comms could be better but it's essentially a cottage industry product compared to other brands. I do think they are doing a good job meeting their recent internal goals of getting the product out quicker. I would like to thank Mark, K1LSB for holding my hand through this process, He's a good friend and mentor to me; Thanks Mark!!

Lee
N5BE
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:49 pm

N5BE wrote:...and within Scott's 9/22 message on here

Not my message! Maybe you mean Tony?
N5BE

Postby N5BE » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:43 pm

Yep, My bad. I was 1/2 through my first cup
of coffee...
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:08 am

Thanks Lee! :)

Mark
N5BE

Postby N5BE » Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:05 pm

As a brand-new Anan 7000 owner I wanted to relay my very positive experience. I ordered my radio 9/8. I paid the invoice 10/2 and the radio shipped 10/7. The radio was delivered 10/11; a day early!! DHL tracking was excellent, maybe too excellent as I got "excited" when the radio would "disappear" but it all ended well. The customs duty apparently is included in the $95 shipping fee as I was not charged any additional fee. The path it took was Delhi-Bahrain-Leipzeg-Brussels (yea, that was strange)-Cincinnati-DFW. There were numerous customs check points in Delhi and finally in Cincinnati. The bizarre thing was the Brussels to CVG leg was on a non-DHL A330F that they must have either chartered or had contract capacity. The shipping box was not damaged, and I am impressed with the external reinforcement and the internal suspension. Being a day earlier than the posted delivery date I'm plowing into the setup procedures and ahead of "schedule"!

Lee
N5BE

Return to “Sales, Delivery, Warranty & Repair Discussions”