Poor warranty service Australia

VK4KE

Poor warranty service Australia

Postby VK4KE » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:21 am

For those of you perhaps needing repairs for your legacy Anan products in Australia, I provide you with the timeline of responses I have received from Tony regarding the repair and return of my Andromeda. It was delivered to me in May 2022 and never quite worked properly from the get-go. Several attempts to make it stable were made and in the end, it was decided to return it to AL in Point Cook for them to look at.

February 3, 2023: Despatched to Apache Labs

February 20, 2023: I ask for confirmation that it has arrived, Reply: Received unit, should be able to look at it later this week and update you.

March 28, 2023: After 6 weeks I ask for progress. Reply: Nothing received from Tony.

April 27, 2023: I again ask what is progress. Reply: We should be able to ship your unit back next week, it will include notes from the engineer for you.

May 16, 2023: I again request an update. Reply: The engineer wanted the LCD replaced as there was a bit of light leakage on one of the corners, we are awaiting the replacement part. Expected to arrive this week, we will ship the unit back as soon as that has been done.

June 12, 2023: I say, been four weeks, any progress? Reply: Nothing received from Tony.

July 24, 2023: I say, this is ridiculous, 9 weeks since your last reply. Reply: Ahbi did send a reply to your email (which I did not receive), there was light leakage from the LCD panel hence we had asked for replacements which also had the same issue. An updated model of the same LCD is being sent to us for replacement by the manufacturer and we expect to receive it by 5th August. Your unit has already been tested and once the new LCD is fitted it will be shipped to you ASAP. Apologies for the inordinate delay.

August 17, 2023: I ask for an update
August 18, 2023: Reply: All ready to go, ships out Monday. Will share tracking once shipped.

August 29, 2023: I ask, is any tracking info available yet? Reply: Radio has been shipped from India factory to Melbourne. I will share tracking as soon as we ship it from our Melbourne location to you. (First mention of it being in India)

October 18, 2023: I ask, Seven weeks now, surely some update. Reply: Nothing received from Tony

October 25, 2023: I suggest, if you can't get parts or otherwise for Andromeda we do a deal on a G2 and sort out any financial differences.
Reply: We have the unit and I will have it shipped to you on Friday morning and share the tracking.

October 27, 2023: I ask, do we have any tracking information? Reply: Nothing

November 2, 2023: I again ask for shipping information. Reply: Nothing received

November 3, 2023: Today it is 9 months since I sent my Andromeda away for repair. Thankfully I have a Hermes Lite 2+ to use and keep up with developments with Thetis.
Last edited by VK4KE on Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
vk1hx

Re: Warranty service Australia

Postby vk1hx » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:32 am

What an absolute disgrace and clearly you are being lied to about the status of your product and return.

Clearly an incompetent business, as we've seen with the release of the G2 and poor-quality control. Buyers in Australia should be wary of this.
73, Phil - VK1HX
Mark C

Re: Poor warranty service Australia

Postby Mark C » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:12 pm

Hi Phil

Man, so sorry your experience has been a bad one, and apparently still on going.

I sure hope they get this situation fixed up, the sooner the better.

I am very disappointed to read this and most certainly should not be happening at all. I understand things do go wrong, but this process seems to be boarding on the absurd!

I wish you much luck Phil and HOPE that this is corrected very very soon.

Mark
VK4KE

Postby VK4KE » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:31 am

There has been some forward progress in my struggle to get my Andromeda repaired and returned. Apache Labs have finally admitted that they can not get parts to repair it and Tony has made the offer, as suggested by me a couple of weeks ago, to replace the Andromeda with a G2 when one becomes available.

So, although I have waited nine months to reach this stage, I am not taking anyone else's place in the queue for supply.

For the past 5 months I have had the Hermes Lite 2 and now 2+ and have become happy to use Thetis on an NUC and run a radio with a mouse etc. so have requested a non-display type G2. Delivery estimate was 4-5 weeks from last Monday so hoping to be good to go by mid-December, will be a welcome Christmas present.

Garry
VK4KE
VK4KE

Postby VK4KE » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:51 pm

Well, I thought it would be too good to be true, and it was. 4-5 weeks have long passed and once again my messages are not being replied to.

Back to the frustrating waiting game.

Garry
VK4KE
vk1hx

Postby vk1hx » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:04 pm

VK4KE wrote:Well, I thought it would be too good to be true, and it was. 4-5 weeks have long passed and once again my messages are not being replied to.

Back to the frustrating waiting game.

Garry
VK4KE

Nor has Tony from Apache Labs fulfilled the replacement of your faulty Andromeda with the G2 as indicated. Their continued lack of communication, customer support and business ethics are clear indicators that potential customers should be wary. and potentially avoid doing business with them.

It begs the question, are all the "delays" caused by parts shortages or is it supplier companies not wanting to deal with them due to this behavior especially when it comes to credit?
73, Phil - VK1HX
G4MSA

Postby G4MSA » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:49 pm

I have also received many false promises from Tony until he stopped responding at all in relation to a 10W PA board I ordered over a year ago and still has not be shipped or a payment refund made . I hope seeing that you are local in Australia you can resort to consumer protection law to get this escalated. It’s very difficult to do anything based in the UK even though I did make my payment through PayPal . It’s too long seen the payment date from PayPal to help me . Buyer beware !!!

Best Regards
Dave

Return to “Sales, Delivery, Warranty & Repair Discussions”