G2 no display soft off

A place for Apache HARDWARE discussions, from bare boards to the latest hardware. SOFTWARE discussions belong in the SOFTWARE sub-forums.
WM7C

G2 no display soft off

Postby WM7C » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:41 pm

I just got my G2 and I assumed that the soft off button would turn off the fan and power button light. I see that the network activity went off and I could no longer access it with Thetis, but why would the fan and light stay on when it is "powered off"?
Trucker

Re: G2 no display soft off

Postby Trucker » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:52 pm

Look at pages 8 and 9 of the manual. There is a different procedure to power off your radio without the front panel. What you are experiencing may be because you have not quite followed the procedure exactly.
James
WD5GWY
WM7C

Re: G2 no display soft off

Postby WM7C » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:02 pm

Trucker wrote:Look at pages 8 and 9 of the manual. There is a different procedure to power off your radio without the front panel. What you are experiencing may be because you have not quite followed the procedure exactly.
James
WD5GWY

Yeah, you're correct. Thanks. I do need to now read the manual.

2.1.2 Radios with no front panel controls
The procedure is slightly different as you may not have a computer display available.
To power the radio on: press and release the button. A short press is sufficient. The power LED will
illuminate RED.

To power the radio off: press and release the power button. The LED will change to WHITE when the
computer has shut down. Wait for approximately 10-15 seconds and then press and hold the button
for around 3 seconds until power turns off completely; the LED will extinguish

Return to “Apache-specific Hardware Discussions”