Another new G2-1K?

A place for Apache HARDWARE discussions, from bare boards to the latest hardware. SOFTWARE discussions belong in the SOFTWARE sub-forums.
SA3ATF

Another new G2-1K?

Postby SA3ATF » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:46 pm

Are they releasing an even newer model or what is it about?
1500w high power mode and 800w low power mode, but nothing new under specs unless it comes soon of course.
Exciting design on it anyway, but the price increase was probably not as exciting though.....

https://apache-labs.com/al-products/104 ... oking.html
I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it!
Trucker

Re: Another new G2-1K?

Postby Trucker » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:52 pm

And they have yet to deliver the 1K G2. They also show a power supply without any specific details. Plus the 1.5K radio doesn't list power supply requirements. Simply amazing.
James
WD5GWY
Phonic

Re: Another new G2-1K?

Postby Phonic » Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:55 am

Nope!
It's the same old run-around/broken promises/delays.

Here's the lifecycle of an Anan "customer" (GoFundMe punter)

Phase 1; Yay! a new Anan radio! Deposit paid, this is gonna be awesome!
Phase 2; Uh oh, looks like it's not gonna be delivered anytime soon, but we knew that. Still, the wait will be worth it!!
Phase 3; Where's my radio? It was promised x months ago :(
Phase 4; OMG, another post from Abhi! This is gonna be great, AND he's promised MORE features even though it'll take MUCH longer to get it!!!
Phase 5; Goto Phase 2.

Rinse and repeat.
All these deposits sitting in someone else's account should be making quite an amount of interest over the years this has been happening.

Anyhow, enjoy.

Dear All,
I want to provide an update regarding the G2-1K:
In our extensive burn-in tests, it was discovered that when utilizing a single LDMOS device, the linear operation is effectively limited to 700Ws. While PureSignal corrects some non-linearity, it is apparent that the PA becomes saturated. To address this, we have transitioned to Dual ART1K60 devices. The Amplifier Pallet card was designed to accommodate both single and double LDMOS configurations.
During burn-in testing, the T94 cores in the LPF whilst fine for SSB/CW operation heated up during digital modes at 500W or higher, altering the permeability and shape of the LPFs. We resolved this by switching to larger T-130 cores, resulting in cooler operation and increased duty cycles. The updated LPF board can easily handle 1500W SSB/CW and 700Ws for Digital Modes.
Another issue arose with external DC supply, Even a 4 feet long DC supply cable was causing a voltage drop and affecting PureSignal operation. By incorporating the DC supply within the chassis, the G2-1K can now operate from 100-250v AC and the voltage drop at high currents has been resolved. The internal PSU, controlled via a CAN bus, allows for operation in both low power mode (40V DC and 800Ws) and high power mode (53V DC and 1500W) at optimal efficiency.
The display unit has been upgraded to 7 inches for improved visibility of critical parameters even from a distance. These changes required a chassis redesign, which is now in production with the contract manufacturer. I will share the 3D view of the chassis soon, along with production unit images in a few weeks.
These changes have required a redesign of the Chassis, see below (I will share the production unit pictures as soon as available):
A white rectangular object with a black screen
Description automatically generated
These enhancements have transformed the radio into a Legal Limit rig, necessitating a price increase to $5495.00 for all NEW Orders. For those with an original ANAN-8000DE MKII preorder or a G2-1K preorder with a purchased power supply, there will be no additional costs, and we will Honor the preorder price. If a power supply was not purchased, we will Honor your preorder purchase price, however, there will be a $399 charge for the internal power supply upon shipment.
Our team has been working with the Contract Manufacturer to provide the modified chassis as soon as possible. We have also commenced modifications of the Pallet and LPFs.
The anticipated ship date is now 19th February 2024. I apologize for the delay, but these changes ensure a more robust product with legal limit power output. Thank you for your patience.
Regards,
Abhi

Return to “Apache-specific Hardware Discussions”