G2 Manager Utility App (Idea/Suggestion)

G2 operating system and special app's (e.g. p2app) discussion only--post Thetis and piHPSDR questions in their own sub-forums
KC2QMA

G2 Manager Utility App (Idea/Suggestion)

Postby KC2QMA » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:00 pm

G2 Manager Utility App
I would like to propose an idea to anyone with the desire and skills to try to create. I believe since most people are not that familiar with Linux and it’s language I believe the creation of a central utility app that would make managing things like software and hardware updates as well as other utility functions would not only make controlling the G2 radio easier for the end user it would also minimize the chance of user error making the radio possibly non functional.

Basically the idea is to have one simple utility app installed on the G2 that the user opens and has all the controls to perform multiple utility functions for the G2 radio like software and hardware updates, Adjust various radio settings, Select start up app and more as the app grows.

Although we should all learn as much as we can about Linux and Ra Pi. however a Utility app like this would be very elegant and make the operation of the G2 easier and more fun!

BTW if I could do this myself I would :D
John
w-u-2-o

Re: G2 Manager Utility App (Idea/Suggestion)

Postby w-u-2-o » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:25 am

No app is required, just a set of Linux shell (Bash) scripts. The core content of the necessary scripts has already been published in the forum. Someone just needs to put a basic shell script UI around that info.

If I had a G2 it would not be difficult, but I don't.

There's a conundrum in that any G2 owner with the chops to write the scripts doesn't need the scripts, so it would be a labor of love for them.

Return to “G2 Operating System & Applications”