G2 with screen,screen not coming up when turn on.

G2 operating system and special app's (e.g. p2app) discussion only--post Thetis and piHPSDR questions in their own sub-forums
TonyBlight

G2 with screen,screen not coming up when turn on.

Postby TonyBlight » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:24 pm

Hi Ive had my G2 with screen for a couple of months and working well with an external computer using Thetis and Audio Interface.For the first time this morning I turned G2 on and no screen.I need the screen to exit piHPSDR first then execute the P2App.for it to work with external computer but with out the screen using a mouse I cant get in.Any Ideas,Tony,VK5KI.Kangaroo Island.
TonyBlight

Re: G2 with screen,screen not coming up when turn on.

Postby TonyBlight » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:13 am

Ok just to let you know I did plug an external monitor in the HDMI 1 plug in the back and still blank screen on monitor.When the power button is pushed I hear the relay kick in then I hear a second relay and blank screen the whole time.When I push power button to switch off I hear no relay noise but power light goes off.Pretty sure this radio needs to go back to Melbourne for repairs and then they can sort a few more issues in the stand alone radio as in (1)cross wiring in the mike input front and back 4mm.sockets(2)echo on transmit and strange audio while mike plugged into the XLR 6mm plug in back and yet perfect audio with external computer with Thetis and using an Audio Interface so not rf .
TonyBlight

Postby TonyBlight » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:47 am

After numerous attempts yesterday to turn on and see a screen .Just now I turned on and the screen came up,now thinking a sticky relay .Apache support did contact me today and I informed them so Ill see how it goes.
TonyBlight

Postby TonyBlight » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:15 pm

Blank screen again so cannot use radio.Apache said Hardware issues so its been posted back to them in Melbourne.Very frustrating being a new radio,Ill keep you informed of progress and
G2 screen after closing rasberrypi before power off..jpg
G2 faulty screen
G2 screen after closing rasberrypi before power off..jpg (181.72 KiB) Viewed 9040 times
G2 faulty screen problems..jpg
G2 faulty screen
G2 faulty screen problems..jpg (111.5 KiB) Viewed 9040 times
G2 Screen problem.jpg
G2 faulty screen
G2 Screen problem.jpg (158.51 KiB) Viewed 9040 times
timing.

Return to “G2 Operating System & Applications”