Anan 8000 DLE and multi receivers

erict35

Anan 8000 DLE and multi receivers

Postby erict35 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi

My 8000DLE has two wonderful ADC for two independent receivers, a pair of nice passband filters in front of each. But I still don’t understand how I can configure each receiver on two different bands -10 and 80 m for example- , each RX using the right BPF band plan
Can someone explain me how it works?

Mny tnks
Eric - F1FLY
w-u-2-o

Re: Anan 8000 DLE and multi receivers

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Eric,

This issue extends to all radios, not just the 8000, and it is really a matter of how to use PowerSDR to accomplish this.

Since the answer for a two antenna configuration is self evident (I hope!), I will concentrate on the single antenna situation, as I suspect that is the case you are concerned with. As you point out, obviously one cannot use an 80M filter to receive 10M or vice versa.

Since any antenna attached to the ANT1, ANT2 or ANT3 connectors is routed to ADC1 exclusively, first you must configure PowerSDR to use ADC1 for both RX1 and RX2. To do this go to Setup > General > ADC and select ADC1 for RX2. After that both RX1 and RX2 will be receiving signals from ADC1 and the antenna attached to ANT1, 2 or 3, depending on the antenna selection.

Next one must enable the bandpass (preselect) filtering bypass options. To do that, first go to Setup > General > Ant/Filters > BPF1/LPF and put check marks in all of the Bypass boxes.

Finally, with that done, whenever you want to use RX1 and RX2 on different bands, on the main user interface of PowerSDR, use the "ALEX" button to enable the preselect filtering or put the preselection section into bypass mode, as desired.

Unless you have some powerful signals in the neighborhood, you will find that you can run in a bypass configuration most of the time.

Oh, it probably bears mentioning that after all of the above, you then need to use the audio controls to control the audio output from RX1 and RX2 in the desired fashion. And if you are using VAC, be aware that RX1 audio ONLY appears on VAC1, and RX2 audio ONLY appears on VAC2.

73!

Scott

P.S. If you are interested in a two antenna case, please say so and we can discuss that also. The two antenna case only extends to the 100D, 200D and 8000DLE as they are the only radios with dual ADCs, but is largely the same across all of those radios.

Return to “PowerSDR mRX”