piHDSDR with Anan-G2

JohnFT61

piHDSDR with Anan-G2

Postby JohnFT61 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:59 am

A few issues I have noticed:

1. The Mic Level Digital Meter shows levels when receiving, with the microphone plugged in or not. If one lowers the AF Level, it will eventually go to zero. Why does it display anything during receive?

2. I don't believe the 2-Tone Optimization is working when PS is turned on.

3. When the microphone is plugged into the front panel, one has to select Mic=Ring and PTT=Tip, even though the microphone connection is wired the opposite way. Also when using Thetis.

How does one know there is an update for piHDSDR, and where is it located?

That is all I can think of for now.

John
N2KBE
laurencebarker

Re: piHDSDR with Anan-G2

Postby laurencebarker » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:55 am

If the microphone is plugged into the REAR panel are the settings still crossed over?

The manual tells you where to look for piHPSDR changes. You would have to look at the release date in github to know if there was a new release.
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
JohnFT61

Postby JohnFT61 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:15 pm

I have only checked it when running Thetis (thinking that the back panel would only work with Thetis, and the front was for piHDSDR). Pleased to see that the front panel Mic connection works with Thetis (just that it is reversed. The Mic connection on the rear panel with Thetiis works correctly (Tip=Mic and PTT=Ring).

John
N2KBE
TonyBlight

Postby TonyBlight » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:53 am

JohnFT61 wrote:A few issues I have noticed:

1. The Mic Level Digital Meter shows levels when receiving, with the microphone plugged in or not. If one lowers the AF Level, it will eventually go to zero. Why does it display anything during receive?

2. I don't believe the 2-Tone Optimization is working when PS is turned on.

3. When the microphone is plugged into the front panel, one has to select Mic=Ring and PTT=Tip, even though the microphone connection is wired the opposite way. Also when using Thetis.

How does one know there is an update for piHDSDR, and where is it located?

That is all I can think of for now.

Ive had the same issue and echo while transmitting. The mike meter on the G2 with face shows noise and picking up something even when no mike or PTT.Look in the Tx menu and see the box that says Local mike.With it ticked the noise stops,no tick its picking up.No one can answer this question.I had success running Thetis and not plugging the mike into g2 but into a Audio Interface of pc.
John
N2KBE

Return to “piHPSDR”