V1 controller display problem

Trucker

V1 controller display problem

Postby Trucker » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:59 pm

I have a V1 controller that came with my 8000DLE. It works fine. But, if I close PiHPSDR instead of going to the Raspbian desktop, I get a blank screen. I can hook a mouse to the controller and can move the pointer. Plus, if I right click I get a menu where I can select a display screen. The only problem, is there are no desktop selections available.
I think the controller is setup just to automatically load PiHPSDR and then shutdown the controller. I downloaded the v1 manual and it indicates that the Raspbian desktop can be accessed. But, for whatever reason, this controller bypasses that.
Any Raspbian Linux gurus out there?
James
WD5GWY
Trucker

Re: V1 controller display problem

Postby Trucker » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:55 pm

I did some reading on a Raspbian Linux forum and managed to get the desktop going. I can run PiHPSDR from the file folder it is located in. But, so far trying to create a desktop shortcut is challenging to say the least! The File explorer ( I know, a Windows term) opens in full screen and I cannot seem to resize it so I can drag and drop a shortcut to the desktop.
I sort of managed to do that and PiHPSDR started reinstalling. I got rid of that and now back to starting PiHPSDR from it's folder.
So much fun!
James
WD5GWY
Trucker

Re: V1 controller display problem

Postby Trucker » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:36 pm

More Raspbian Linux fun. I finally managed to resize the File explorer window where I can drag stuff to the desktop if needed. I still haven't found out how to properly create a shortcut for the desktop. Later versions of Raspbian seem to be easier to create shortcuts. From what I have found so far, I will have to open a Text editor and create a text file that executes a script to launch PiHPSDR. Then save that file and drag it to the desktop.
I haven't done that yet. Because I am not clear on what needs to be in the script for it to execute properly.
James
WD5GWY

Return to “piHPSDR”