ps WITH PIHPSDR

JohnFT61

ps WITH PIHPSDR

Postby JohnFT61 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:47 am

Trying PS with pihpsdr. I notice when I am on the 80M band (and perhaps the other bands, I haven't tried them yet), it places the 2 Tones on the USB, NOT LSB (the main tones appear outside of the Tx Filter window)! Also, it does not appear to be working correctly. I am using the internal path.

John
N2KBE
JohnFT61

Re: ps WITH PIHPSDR

Postby JohnFT61 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:41 pm

PS operation is working with the internal circuitry on both pihpsdr and Thetis (using the 2 Tone Test). It doesn't appear to be working when using the 2 Tone Test with the sampler port on the Palstar LA-1K amplifier, with both pihpsdr and Thetis (while viewing the DUP Transmit Spectrum display). Clean using the internal circuitry, and dirty (with poor IMDs) using the sampler port with (Rx BYPASS on Tx selected). Output is 1kW. 1 foot BNC to BNC cable with RCA adapter between LA-1K sampler port and Rx BYPASS Port. Power output is measured with a high quality MicroHAM RF VECTOR SIGNAL METER. I will add that even though the DUP Tx output on display doesn't look good, the 2 PS boxes are green during operation.

John
N2KBE

Return to “piHPSDR”