Audio output problem

Trucker

Audio output problem

Postby Trucker » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:48 pm

I recently downloaded SDRConsole to test it with my 8000DLE. While it seems to work OK, I have encountered a problem that has me scratching my head. I installed it on the same computer that I use for Thetis. ( works great) With SDRConsole, I have been unable to get the audio routed to my external powered speakers that are connected to the line out audio port on my pc. Instead of the audio coming out of the powered speakers, it comes from the internal speaker mounted in the pc! In the audio setup panel it shows selection for two outputs to stereo speakers. ( same thing that's in Windows 11 Device Manager) In Thetis I selected one of the outputs and it works fine. In SDRC, it selects both outputs! I have even went into Windows 11 Device Manager and disabled the output I don't use with Thetis. Everything still works fine in Thetis. But, SDRC still shows both outputs and shows both selected!!! There is a new version of SDRC coming out soon that has an AI enhanced Noise Reduction that I would like to try out. But, no go at this point. Has anyone encountered a problem like this one with SDRConsole?
James
WD5GWY
Trucker

Re: Audio output problem

Postby Trucker » Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:01 am

Got.it figured out
There were some drivers that needed updating. Once I did that, everything was back to working correctly.
James
WD5GWY
n2gq

Re: Audio output problem

Postby n2gq » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:29 pm

Trucker wrote:I recently downloaded SDRConsole to test it with my 8000DLE. While it seems to work OK, I have encountered a problem that has me scratching my head. I installed it on the same computer that I use for Thetis. ( works great) With SDRConsole, I have been unable to get the audio routed to my external powered speakers that are connected to the line out audio port on my pc. Instead of the audio coming out of the powered speakers, it comes from the internal speaker mounted in the pc! In the audio setup panel it shows selection for two outputs to stereo speakers. ( same thing that's in Windows 11 Device Manager) In Thetis I selected one of the outputs and it works fine. In SDRC, it selects both outputs! I have even went into Windows 11 Device Manager and disabled the output I don't use with Thetis. Everything still works fine in Thetis. But, SDRC still shows both outputs and shows both selected!!! There is a new version of SDRC coming out soon that has an AI enhanced Noise Reduction that I would like to try out. But, no go at this point. Has anyone encountered a problem like this one with SDRConsole?
James
WD5GWY

I get something similar. When I turn on SDR I get no audio until I switch the output from let's say monitor speaker and then internal soundcard speakers.
Jay N2GQ

Return to “SDR Console”