No playback over the air after update

ki4tga

No playback over the air after update

Postby ki4tga » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:44 pm

After updating to Thetis 2.9.0.6 I cannot play back recording over the air to give my contact a sample of their audio. I can record them and playback ONLY if I am not ptt/mox. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or a setting has changed since the update. However I can see the recording is playing on the vox monitor bar while transmitting but it just isn't transmitting over the air. I do run VAC
w-u-2-o

Re: No playback over the air after update

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:19 pm

Did the "Bypass VAC for recording playback" option accidentally become turned off?

Also, do you have "Allow MOX to override/bypass VAC for Phone" option turned on? This may need to be on.
ki4tga

Postby ki4tga » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:52 pm

w-u-2-o wrote:Did the "Bypass VAC for recording playback" option accidentally become turned off?

Also, do you have "Allow MOX to override/bypass VAC for Phone" option turned on? This may need to be on.

Yes sir both are checked. I can transmit and record myself and play myself back over the air, just not rx.
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:20 pm

I never use this feature, but I just tested it here with Thetis 2.9.0.6 and observed it to function flawlessly:

1. I also use VAC exclusively. I turned on both options as mentioned above.

2. Found a signal, recorded it using the REC button on the main UI.

<Switched to a dummy load since I don't need this actually going out over the air.>

3. Activated MOX.

4. Clicked the PLAY button on the main UI: this caused the recording to playback over the air (into the dummy load).

So I'm afraid I can't duplicate your problem :(

This brings us to the usual answer of "Did you try a fresh database?"
ki4tga

Postby ki4tga » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:01 pm

I tried a old saved database. I did not try resetting the database but will now.. stand by
ki4tga

Postby ki4tga » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:17 pm

Resetting the data base and reloading my data base fixed it. Ty sir for your time. 73 ki4tga

Return to “Thetis”