Change Frequencies during Transmit

Ken

Change Frequencies during Transmit

Postby Ken » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:34 pm

Hello,

It has been a very long time since I had tried to change frequencies during Transmit using the Mouse wheel.

Is there now a Box that needs to be checked to enable this feature?

I tried looking through the forum and in the software menus but no joy from what I can find.

Does anyone know or has anyone even tried this feature at anytime?

Of course the mouse pointer needs to be on the frequency up at the top in the Transmit VFO window.
But like I am trying to explain, it isn't working here anymore for me.

Thank you Ken
w-u-2-o

Re: Change Frequencies during Transmit

Postby w-u-2-o » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Why would you want to do this? Is it not tantamount to QRM?

There is no option to change this AFAIK.
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:44 pm

[Edited]

If RX2 is enabled I can change frequencies while transmitting by scrolling the mouse wheel while the cursor is in the VFO B window or in the RX2 panafall.

Mark
ea3aqr

Postby ea3aqr » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:55 am

I accidentally discovered this week that I can change frequency while transmiting just clicking on my panadapter.

Is it a bug?
Last edited by ea3aqr on Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New call sign EA3CL
Ken

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:52 am

w-u-2-o wrote:Why would you want to do this? Is it not tantamount to QRM?

There is no option to change this AFAIK.

Hello Scott and thank you for your always fast reply.

One reason that comes to mind is when you transmit and spin the VFO (ON a RiceBox anyway (Spinning the VFO) while watching the SWR
meter, one can see how broad an antenna might be. Also one can see where the 'dip' of the SWR might be as well.
Sure one might say, that is what an analyzer is used for, but that is an entire different subject, everyone has an answer!

At one time I was able to place the mouse on VFO A the transmit VFO and scroll the mouse wheel and change frequencies
during transmit and now I cannot.

Yes I believe I still can click the Pan-adapter and perhaps change frequencies during transmit but it is more accurate using the VFO.

No big deal either way, I was just wondering why I can no longer do so and I was hoping that I still could.

As always Scott you have always been there to answer most everyone's questions and surely have helped more times then anyone can ever count!

Also thank you to those who have or even might chime in, you are all appreciated.

Thank you,
Ken
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:02 pm

It looks like I spoke too soon!

When I tested this yesterday I couldn't get it to work. However, if you put the cursor in the waterfall section of the panafall display, you can get the transmitter to tune continuously with the mousewheel while transmitting. It doesn't seem to work any other way. Cursor in the panadapter, or outside the spectral display doesn't work. Nor does spinning the mouse wheel with the cursor in the VFO A frequency box. But mousewheel tuning with the cursor in the waterfall area seems to work.

MIDI wheel tuning also works during TX.

For SWR plots you can try to use the SWR Plotter application found here: https://k9dur.us/powersdr_utilities.php
Ken

Postby Ken » Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:50 pm

Your awesome Scott!!!

The water fall is better then noting, I'll take it!

Thank you,

Ken

Return to “Thetis”