Thetis_Updated_Version_WD5Y

Joe

Thetis_Updated_Version_WD5Y

Postby Joe » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:45 pm

I finally figured out how to load to github some changes to Thetis regarding the new meters, Pure Signal windows, and a few other things. I have the release portion as well as the code there. I have a "read.me" file that hopefully explains a bit. This is Richie's latest with some "GUI" things that I did, this is not perfect, but I tested here, and all looks pretty good. I have a "Meters" folder with skins in it as well on the posting - This has to be downloaded to your "AppData" folder for the skins to work properly; This folder is mainly for future additions or your own Meter skins, I used paint.net to play with changing the meter skins a bit. Again, this is not perfect but seems to work well for me. There may be issues for you, try at your own risk., mainly the "Meters" folder needs to be available for the meter skins in the AppData" folder. The github site for me:

https://github.com/WD5Y/Thetis_10.29.22

73's
Joe
WD5Y
Tony EI7BMB

Re: Thetis_Updated_Version_WD5Y

Postby Tony EI7BMB » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:45 am

Thanks for working on this Joe
Joe

Postby Joe » Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:44 pm

Thanks, I made a couple of adjustments, I found that when you use RX2 and the meters are in home position - “meter tab”, the main multimeter might trigger to the stretched position. I did change that but have not updated the GitHub repo yet. Also, I put a pop-up on the main multimeter that explains it’s actions. I don’t think I explained the added checkboxes very well, on the general-options #2 tab and the main pure signal form, they are very helpful with pure signal view for me. The drop down box for the meter skins is located on the appearance tab - meter, not sure if I posted that either.

73’s
Joe
WD5Y
m0cpy

Postby m0cpy » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:36 pm

Hi Joe, I had a few errors with the install
Joe

Postby Joe » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:12 pm

https://github.com/WD5Y/Thetis-2.9.0_WD5Y

I have been working on Thetis with Meters. I have updated and finally cleared up use with Github to complete a good upload for me. I have a release so you can load and try if wanted instead of having to run visual studio to compile. I tested on my machine, and all works fine. After down-loading you will need to "right click" on the files or folder and select properties - there is a checkbox to unblock, this allows your computer to use, do this on the zipped folder first before extracting to completely un-block contents then extract if you download the source folders. This un-block function may not apply to you but on my machine with win 11 when I down-load anything it is required for safety. This is mainly the work of Richie, I just added:

1) Meter dropdown on main screen - selections will explain use.
2) Cleaned up collapsed view - when different modes were selected some items were by mistake made visible.
3) There is an added drop-down on the setup/meter tab that will allow you a selection of a meter skin and you
can add your own if you like.
Note: Be sure to install the Meter skin folder in the same folder as your main Thetis skins folder in the "App"
folder.
4) There is a function when "VAC" is selected that toggles the buffer setting, this helps stabilize the VAC sampling
at startup.
5) I added a checkbox on the Linearity (Pure Signal) view, this allows you to have the Amp-View form to come up
with the pure signal setup page at
startup or you can select a checkbox on the Options-2 page that will allow the linearity setup page show up at
startup as well.

Anyway, I hope some of these additions may be of use to someone else if they are interested. Mainly, if someone wanted to stream-line some of this sure would be appreciated. I am by no means an expert with Thetis but do enjoy learning and working with the code. Of course, this is to be used at your discretion.

Thanks, and 73's
Mainly have a Blessed and Merry Christmas,
Joe
WD5Y
I4LEC

Postby I4LEC » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:38 pm

Joe,
thanks for the update, appreciated the collapsed view cleaned up, that's my preferred view.
Everything else works just fine, mine, being a 10W radio, it won't take advantages of the full cross needle span, it will be nice to have, as per the physical meter, a selectable range.

73 and Season Greetings
Clay I4LEC
Joe

Postby Joe » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:25 pm

Thanks Clay,
I prefer the collapsed view as well with the Andromeda buttons on the bottom selected. I didn’t realize that some of the “expanded view” buttons were showing up on the collapsed view at times when different modes were selected, so I worked at cleaning that up, hope I got it all. Also, on the meter drop down there are many selections that hopefully will be of use. I tested here and it looked good.

Thanks,
Joe
WD5Y

Return to “Thetis”