Thetis and TRX-Duo works

laurencebarker

Re: Thetis and TRX-Duo works

Postby laurencebarker » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:08 pm

Pavel Demin's server code for Red Pitaya (and for this board too, as a consequence) supports an Arduino connected to I2C so that the Arduino could then control the filters. I wrote the code for this a few years ago, so that the Arduino could then drive "non standard" filters. It's several years ago now, but the idea was the Arduino would get an RX or TX frequency and look up the required filters from a table. The Arduino code is available on github.

http://www.nicklebyhouse.co.uk/index.php/software-defined-radio/222-a-start-in-sdr-part-9-arduino-interface
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
K4IBC

Postby K4IBC » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:24 pm

That is an interesting idea using the Arduino.

Wondering about Pure Signal and using it with Diversity. Years ago I think with the 10E or early 100 a relay was needed to switch rx and PS feedback signal to RX2.
K4IBC

Postby K4IBC » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:48 pm

I came across an interesting thread but it is all in Russian and has to be translated.

RZ3QS has created an interesting control board with control processor embeded. It takes advantage of the I2C bus and makes use of Pavel's code.

I tried finding the board and/or the design files without any luck. Maybe someone else can find it.

http://www.cqham.ru/forum/showthread.ph ... ost1776440

There is also a bandpass filter board as well later in the thread.
DH1KLM

Postby DH1KLM » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:07 pm

Bill,
I recommend contacting Yevgeni RZ3QS in personal. He is represented here in the forum.
73 de Sigi / DH1KLM
W7GES

Postby W7GES » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:43 pm

I saw someone mentioned the TRX-Duo is a clone of the Red Pitaya.

Can you run the CW / RTTY Skimmer server software on it like the "Real" skimmer servers do with the Red Pitaya?

It would be nice to have a multi-band CW skimmer at my location so I know I can hear them.

Sorry if this is a little off the Thetis topic...

Of course I would play with this on Thetis as well. How could you resist? haha

George / W7GES
EA1DAV

Postby EA1DAV » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:51 pm

Yes, it work at many sites. The reversebeacon page have lot of info and how-to.
This page and the links also can help you.
https://hamsci.org/n6tv-red-pitaya-comb ... mmer-hdsdr

73, Jesus.
wevets@gmail.com

Postby wevets@gmail.com » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:28 pm

K4IBC wrote:I was looking deeper into this. It appears that 60dbm.com has everything necessary to package a 100 watt radio either on the their website or ebay.

I also have seen some discussion of using Pure Signal by providing feedback to RX2 input.

Have you found anything it does not do compared to the 7000 that you wished it did?

Myself I don't have a need to run a bunch of rx slices. I do however enjoy seeing as much of the band as possible. I don't know if you can run it at 384K bandwidth and still use Pure Signal.

First things first - I've used several of the 60dmb.com boards purchased through ebay. The only issue i had was with the 10W amp. In circuit I was getting oscillations on the Power (12V). A set of caps sized from several hundred uF to 1000pF took care of it. That wasn't a flaw in the amp! I've purchased both LPF and BPF from him in the past and liked what I got from him.

Next to Scott WU2O - they are now called MKIII's! Pictures have been posted on the Facebook group that show MKIII on the boxes just being delivered!

I tested my TRX-Duo with a freshly downloaded copy from Pavel's site...and it worked fine with PiHPSDR. It isn't directly pin compatible with the RP in that it has fewer pins. However - all the required pins are there. So I figure I'm going to build a little adapter card between my RP shield and the TRX-Duo. Should work out great - I'll mount the Fan on the adapter card.

Lastly - Hi Laurence!

73 de Steve KA6S

Return to “Thetis”