Lost my Andromeda display controls

Phrotus

Postby Phrotus » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:01 am

I've only had the radio a few days and have a problem I can't seem to solve, or find a solution for in the archives.

The fist day of familiarization all went well, it booted into Protocol 2. But, into the 2nd day, I've got it booting to Protocol 1 and can't figure out how I did it or how to get it back into P2.

This is my first experience with an Apache product. Owned ...Flex 5000, and a few other SDR's so a bit familiar with them.
Anyway, it seems to me that there is Thetis P2 floating around in the system but I can't seem to find it. Oh, also, it's not yet interfaced to WiFi, ( the internet) ....only and external monitor and a few of my telegraph keys.

Any help would be appreciated.
Tom
W4TMW
w-u-2-o

Re: New Andromeda now starting P1 instead of P2

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:50 am

Respectfully, you must be mistaken. P1 vs. P2 is defined by the firmware loaded onto the SDR board and that is not something that can spontaneously change. It is literally impossible to boot into one or the other like you describe. And there is only room for one version of firmware at a time on the board.

Also, Apache has always delivered all hardware with P1 firmware loaded, never P2.

There is a remote possibility that you are experiencing a previously unreported bug in either the firmware or the software whereby an incorrect protocol is reported, but that seems unlikely.
Phrotus

Postby Phrotus » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:45 am

I guess the best way to express the screen I'm looking for is to look at the Andromeda manual on p.36. See the boxes along the bottom of that screen? Those are the boxes ( among other things) that were on my original bootup that is now missing. What I have now is more like the screen on a 7000DLE.

I tried a 'copy and paste' but that didn't work.
va7qi

Postby va7qi » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:15 am

I believe they are all shipped with P1 firmware - at least mine did. You will need to install Bootloader, download the latest P2 firmware and install it. Fortunately, the switch on the back of the radio. Check the firmware section of this forum for details and follow the instructions carefully. It all works well here.

73 & GL de va7qi, ....Erik.
laurencebarker

Postby laurencebarker » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:25 am

A screen shot of your display would help. But I suspect what you are saying is it has moved into "expanded display mode" rather than "collapseddisplay".

If the display looks like the classic Thetis display with band and mode buttons to the right, Click "collapse" on the menu.

The Andromeda view is simply a configuration of the normal Thetis display: the "collapsed" view with an Andromeda-specific button bar on the bottom and an Andromeda set of controls on the top. Those can be individually selected when in collapsed view using the "display control" menu,

It only takes one menu click to change from one display to the other; I bet it would take 20 mins and running other programs to change protocol. You'd know you were doing it!
Laurence Barker G8NJJ
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:49 pm

What Laurence said.

And...don't confuse the Andromeda-specific display mode of Thetis as having anything to do with P1 or P2 firmware.

And, and...even in "collapse display mode" Thetis can be misconfigured if you accidentally disable the Andromeda settings in the "Display Controls" menu that appears when in collapse mode.

Once it is confirmed that this is your issue the title of this topic should probably be changed to "Lost my Andromeda display controls".
Phrotus

Postby Phrotus » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:25 pm

Thanks to all who helped me.......found the problem!

As Laurence mentioned, I clicked Collapse > 'Display Controls' and found ;
Top Controls
Band Controls
Mode Controls
were all checked and
Andromeda Top Controls
Andromeda Button Bar
Were NOT checked

I then checked the 2 Andromeda ( which unchecked the others) and then the screen returned to the view I was looking for......the original view.

Now Scott's statement below, makes perfect sense.
"And, and...even in "collapse display mode" Thetis can be misconfigured if you accidentally disable the Andromeda settings in the "Display Controls" menu that appears when in collapse mode."

Thanks again for all the help
73, Tom
W4TMW

Return to “Thetis”