Thetis and additional CAT

qst

Thetis and additional CAT

Postby qst » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:09 am

Hello everyone,
In Thetis it is possible to assign 4 CAT ports. Recently, I connected the TM-2 Elad to my Anan 7000 DLE MKII and it was a test. I missed one CAT port to enable Band Master in my logging program, which needs a port from OmniRig. At Cat I use 2 physical RS232 ports to control the antenna box and the repeater and 2 virtual ports to Turbolog and TM-2.
Maybe someone of you had a similar problem and knows how to solve it?
73's
Slawomir
oe3ide

Re: Thetis and additional CAT

Postby oe3ide » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:22 am

Which logger are you running? Most loggers are able to communicate via TCI, some also via TCP/IP Cat.

So the Band Master from your logger needs an extra CAT connection? (in additon to the already OmniRig-connected logger ??)

73 de Ernst
qst

Postby qst » Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:51 am

Hi Ernst,
I am using German Turbolog 4. I use a pair of ports to connect Turbolog. But Band Master is not an integral part of Turbolog and requires another pair of virtual ports where one is in CAT and the other in OmniRig. There is a tab in Turbolog that launches Band Master. The problem isn't adding port pairs, it's the lack of a fifth CAT in Thetis. I tried using a virtual pore spltter but it didn't work.
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:26 am

The port splitter in VSPE works great. What virtual serial port software are you using?
qst

Postby qst » Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:04 pm

Hello,
how I use Eltima Virtual Serial Port Driver Pro. There is a splitter option but the primary port must be a physical port to split to virtual ports. I have two free RS232 ports on the MOXA card but they are not related to Thetis. Is it a big problem to alternatively add an additional fifth CAT to Tehtis?
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:01 pm

I've never used the Eltima product.

I use Eterlogic VSPE, https://eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

Create a splitter and connect it to one half of a pair or to an instance of a connector. Thetis goes to either the connector or the other side of the pair.

You might not even need the splitter. Depending on the software, with VSPE sometimes you can get more than one app to connect to the far end of a pair device at the same time.
qst

Postby qst » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:30 pm

Hi, I will install Eterlogic. Does it start when you turn on the computer or do you have to turn on start after saved configuration every time you turn on the computer?
And one more thing. If I do a split on a port that is in CAT and supports Anan in the logging program, can I use the added ports in split to TM2 and OmniRig? I have two free RS232 ports in the Moxa card and these ports are visible in the Win 10 device manager. Can I use this port as the main split port or do I need to add a pair of virtual ports in VSPE?
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:51 pm

qst wrote:Hi, I will install Eterlogic. Does it start when you turn on the computer or do you have to turn on start after saved configuration every time you turn on the computer?

You can configure it either way. If you install it as a service it will start with Windows. If not, then you have to start it with a startup folder script or manually. It's entirely up to you. I use a script. See the documentation for more information.

And one more thing. If I do a split on a port that is in CAT and supports Anan in the logging program, can I use the added ports in split to TM2 and OmniRig? I have two free RS232 ports in the Moxa card and these ports are visible in the Win 10 device manager. Can I use this port as the main split port or do I need to add a pair of virtual ports in VSPE?
Slawomir

There are so many possible configurations I can't begin to answer this question. You will need to experiment.
qst

Postby qst » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:06 pm

I have installed Eterlogic VSPE. I want to add 3 ports to one virtual port in the splitter. But in configuration I can only add one. I do not know how to do this.
Slawomir
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:48 pm

You can't add three ports to a splitter.

I told you you will have to experiment. You didn't experiment enough.

I just made a pair, COM5 and COM6. Then I made a splitter, COM6 to COM50. I assigned COM5 to Thetis. I assigned COM50 to two different instances of a terminal emulator, call them A and B. I can easily issue commands to Thetis from either A or B.

The only restriction with this configuration is that when A asks for something from Thetis the response will go to both A and B. The same for when B asks for something from Thetis. The software you are using may or may not accommodate that.
qst

Postby qst » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:14 am

Unfortunately, none of the virtual port programs allowed me to split from one virtual port to 2 virtual ports to run Band Master. I guess the only way is to add 5 CAT in Thetis. That would solve my problem. Or maybe someone has another idea?
Slawomir
pa1hr

Postby pa1hr » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:23 am

qst wrote:Unfortunately, none of the virtual port programs allowed me to split from one virtual port to 2 virtual ports to run Band Master. I guess the only way is to add 5 CAT in Thetis. That would solve my problem. Or maybe someone has another idea?
Slawomir

Did you already try the TCP/IP CAT server?

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4065&p=18275&hilit=tcp%2Fip+cat+server#p18275

73, Hans OE3JRC/PA0Q.
--

Hans Remeeus (PA0Q/OE3JRC)
https://pa0q.nl
"Communication is about people, the rest is technology"
qst

Postby qst » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:37 am

Hello Hans, nice to meet you again. I don't know how to go about it and will it change anything and allow me to solve my problem?
I will be grateful for help in this matter.
Slawomir SP6DLO
qst

Postby qst » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:09 am

Hans,
I reviewed the information contained in the link. They concern the connection of the N1MM log via TCPIP. I work on Turbolog and it, and it seems that there is no possibility of communication via TCPiP with Anan. I am missing one CAT port to the Band Master that uses OmniRig. My Cats are used for:
1. ATU PA0LL controller (well known to you)
2. Flex PGXL amplifier
3.Turbologist
4. Elad TM2.
I need to check if PGXL can be connected to Anan via TCPIP. If I don't find another solution, I will have to install another login program with integrated Band Master.
Slawomir
pa1hr

Postby pa1hr » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:49 am

qst wrote:Hans,
I reviewed the information contained in the link. They concern the connection of the N1MM log via TCPIP. I work on Turbolog and it, and it seems that there is no possibility of communication via TCPiP with Anan. I am missing one CAT port to the Band Master that uses OmniRig. My Cats are used for:
1. ATU PA0LL controller (well known to you)
2. Flex PGXL amplifier
3.Turbologist
4. Elad TM2.
I need to check if PGXL can be connected to Anan via TCPIP. If I don't find another solution, I will have to install another login program with integrated Band Master.
Slawomir

Hello Slowamir,

good to read that the AutoLLTuner is working fine again.

You may try:
http://k5fr.com/binary/VSPMsetup103.zip
https://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php/Download
or https://ddutil.software.informer.com/1.8/

73! Hans.
--

Hans Remeeus (PA0Q/OE3JRC)
https://pa0q.nl
"Communication is about people, the rest is technology"
w-u-2-o

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:41 am

qst wrote:Unfortunately, none of the virtual port programs allowed me to split from one virtual port to 2 virtual ports to run Band Master. I guess the only way is to add 5 CAT in Thetis. That would solve my problem. Or maybe someone has another idea?
Slawomir

Did you follow my example above?
qst

Postby qst » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:28 pm

Hi, I solved my problem by installing Eterlogic VSPE. it's the best virtual port program I've tried so far. It can handle several applications from one split port with the same number. I am sending a link to Youtube where everything is shown how to configure it.
Thank you all for your help.
Sławomir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtlTVJ1gcpo&t=16s

Return to “Thetis”