Install Sequence

KA5KKT

Install Sequence

Postby KA5KKT » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:57 pm

I have a new 'desktop replacement' laptop. The old computer died but I have a reasonable recent backup drive that I can selectively copy files from

I first attempted to install 2.9.0.6. That dog didn't hunt. After some searching I installed from the project site 2.9.0.3 (or was it .2?). It seems to be operating okay. I've only done some basic configuration setting changes.

Can I now install 2.9.0.6 or do I need some interim installations? I'm not quite ready for .7 or .8...have my hands full as it is! I can dig out some old configuration file from a backup.

It will be good to hear the aether again...when and if I can dig it out from the noise!

Kind regards,
Dick - KA5KKT
w-u-2-o

Re: Install Sequence

Postby w-u-2-o » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:43 pm

2.9.0.6 can be installed directly. There are no intermediate steps required. Obviously you ran into some problem, but you did not provide any details that would allow anyone to help figure out what went wrong.

At this point you should probably install the 2.9.0.8 alpha. See this topic to get the link to the 2.9.0.8 installer:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4554

You can install it over the top of your current installation.

However, all bets are off because we don't know what went wrong with your 2.9.0.6 initial install. It'll either work or it won't. If it doesn't then it might be time to uninstall and start over.
KA5KKT

Re: Install Sequence

Postby KA5KKT » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:59 pm

Thanks, Scott.

I can't tell you just what went wrong as I didn't copy images of the error messages, etc. It may have been that I had moved some files from the backup of the previous installation of 2.9.0.6 into User/Name\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis-x64/ Those files had been on a computer of different configuration.

I'll go ahead and do 2.9.0.8 assuming no warnings or cautions regarding importing my latest config file from the 2.9.0.6 installation.

Kind regards,
Dick - KA5KKT

Return to “Thetis”