Adjust Audio Level in playback Recording

JohnFT61

Adjust Audio Level in playback Recording

Postby JohnFT61 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:18 pm

You use the Record Feature in Thetis. I then go to play it back, and it is too high (on the Mic Level Meter. How does one adjust the level for playback?
kc2rgw

Re: Adjust Audio Level in playback Recording

Postby kc2rgw » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:00 pm

JohnFT61 wrote:You use the Record Feature in Thetis. I then go to play it back, and it is too high (on the Mic Level Meter. How does one adjust the level for playback?

The Wave pop up menu and TX level.

The recording level is based on your setting at the time for receive volume so it will vary on you.

Set playback so it indicates just at 0db on peaks on the ALC meter when played back.
K1LSB

Postby K1LSB » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:22 pm

I have a related question so I'll post it here..

My problem is that I can't turn down the blaring audio volume levels coming from the speakers when re-transmitting a captured over-the-air recording using the Quick Rec and Quick Play buttons in the Wave File Controls window.

In the Wave window, after capturing a recording I had just made of someone's transmission using the Quick Rec button, when playing it back over the air using the Quick Play button while holding down the PTT, the audio is blasting extremely loud from my speakers and I can't find a way to adjust it. None of the Thetis main session audio sliders appear to have any effect, not even the MUT button has any effect.

Any suggestions?

Mark
Joerg

Postby Joerg » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:08 pm

When sending, check whether the Master AF control is too wide open.

The setting of the Master AF control must be set differently for RX/TX.

Greetings Joerg, DD8JM

Return to “Thetis”