Record & Playback with VAC

Torrey

Record & Playback with VAC

Postby Torrey » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:09 am

I have had my G-2 plain panel for a few months now. Thetis and firmware updates have each gone smoothly.
Previously, using my 7000DLE Mark III, I was accustomed to using the REC & PLAY button to sample my signal and play back received signals.
After the G-2 arrived and the Balanced mic input was added to Thetis, I had the ECHO problem on my transmitted signal. I could not get rid of it using several RFI chokes, etc. So I abandoned using the BAL mic input. I went to using VAC with an SSL2 audio interface. I am mostly happy (though confused sometimes) with this set up. I use a Neumann KMS 105 condenser microphone.

Now the REC & PLAY buttons don't work. I am guessing that going to VAC caused this.
How do I restore the REC & PLAY functionality I had before? Is there a setting I need to change? Do I need to use VoiceMeeter Banana?
Seems to me that this should be simple.

Can someone explain how to do this? Thanks!!

73 Torrey N9PY
Last edited by Torrey on Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torrey

Re: Record & Playback with VAC

Postby Torrey » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:48 pm

Torrey wrote:I have had my G-2 plain panel for a few months now. Thetis and firmware updates have each gone smoothly.
Previously, using my 7000DLE Mark III, I was accustomed to using the REC & PLAY button to sample my signal and play back received signals.
After the G-2 arrived and the Balanced mic input was added to Thetis, I had the ECHO problem on my transmitted signal. I could not get rid of it using several RFI chokes, etc. So I abandoned using the BAL mic input. I went to using VAC with an SSL2 audio interface. I am mostly happy (though confused sometimes) with this set up. I use a Neumann KMS 105 condenser microphone.

Now the REC & PLAY buttons don't work. I am guessing that going to VAC caused this.
How do I restore the REC & PLAY functionality I had before? Is there a setting I need to change? Do I need to use VoiceMeeter Banana?
Seems to me that this should be simple.

Can someone explain how to do this? Thanks!!

73 Torrey N9PY

COM PORT pairs (COM21, COM22) disappeared when my trial version of the app "Virtual COM PORT Creator" expired. I reinstalled it with correct password. With COM PORT pair restored, playback of recordings restored.

Torrey
rdwing

Re: Record & Playback with VAC

Postby rdwing » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:37 am

There's a checkbox in the VAC config page, "Bypass VAC for recording playback". Make sure it's checked.
It should have nothing to do with COM ports.

Return to “Thetis”