Thetis v2.10.3.3 released

oe3ide

Re: Thetis v2.10.3.3 released

Postby oe3ide » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:51 am

W3MMR wrote:Oh and here's a "want" for us guys who operate Amplitude Modulation...

It would be great for an option to switch between Synchronous AM Upper and Synchronous AM Lower, right from the UI. Not even separate buttons, but the more you click the SAM button, it will switch between the different modes. The same way KiwiSDR's do. I'm not even sure if its possible.

Also, I would almost beg you to put back adding a manual notch filter by clicking the mouse wheel when hovering over a carrier. Or at least an option to do so in the menu. I'm not sure why that was removed, but it was so much easier to add a notch that way instead of having to add one via button, try and grab it without grabbing the edge and making it super wide, and place it on top of the offending signal as opposed to just clicking on it with the mouse wheel.

Perry

Shift + RightClick while MNF is on does set a notch filter on the mouse position
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:55 am

W3MMR wrote:Also, I would almost beg you to put back adding a manual notch filter by clicking the mouse wheel when hovering over a carrier. Or at least an option to do so in the menu. I'm not sure why that was removed, but it was so much easier to add a notch that way instead of having to add one via button, try and grab it without grabbing the edge and making it super wide, and place it on top of the offending signal as opposed to just clicking on it with the mouse wheel.
Perry

Hi Perry,

Have a watch of this, It covers how to quick add them.

Cheers.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:57 am

oe3ide wrote:Shift + RightClick while MNF is on does set a notch filter on the mouse position

CTRL right click = 200Hz wide

CTRL + SHIFT right click = 100Hz wide

More info here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4137
W3MMR

Postby W3MMR » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:27 pm

ramdor wrote:
oe3ide wrote:Shift + RightClick while MNF is on does set a notch filter on the mouse position

CTRL right click = 200Hz wide

CTRL + SHIFT right click = 100Hz wide

More info here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4137

Well dont I feel like a dummy. This entire time it was that easy.

Thanks!

Perry
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:12 pm

UDPATE 2.10.3.4-pre-release-6 now available on github

https://github.com/ramdor/Thetis/releas ... -release-6

Note: If you encounter a 'stuck' shutdown, end the task. Before restarting Thetis please send me shutdown_log.txt from inside the database folder which is normally C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\OpenHPSDR\Thetis-x64

v2.10.3.4 pre-release-6 Change Log
[add] show on startup options for ampview and linearity/ps window. Set in the linearity/ps window
[add] can now ignore 14bit Midi messages. More devices should work. Option in Setup->Serial/Network/Midi CAT->Midi
[add] can now combine midi control id, channel and status to be used as the control ID. This should allow devices that share controlIDs for multiple buttons/sliders to work. Options in Setup->Serial/Network/Midi CAT->Midi
[add] certain skins might make it snow !
[add] option to prevent rx1+rx2 attenuator linking when using diversity. Setting in the diversity form
[fix] you can now hear rx2 audio when tx'ing on rx1 and setup->rx2->auto mute rx2 on tx is turned off
[fix] mic phase reverse now calling correct function in WDSP, and can be turned on/off
[fix] Hercules DJControl Starlight midi device is now better handled. Wheel finger press for example are ignored. If you used this device before you will need to reconfigure as the control IDs will have changed
[fix] PortAudio #850 fix included
[fix] FM should now use low/high cuts. Carlson's rules used for filter width display in FM rx and tx
[fix] Andromeda ModeSpecificForm shouldn't now clear on console resize
[fix] scope in TX should now work
[change] tweaks to waterfall agc to minimise screen wide pulse on T/R
[change] waterfall low/high step sizes lowered to 5
[change] multimeter container no title bar. Now applies even if not pinned. Hold shift and move mouse in the title bar area to bring it up even if hidden
[change] removed old noise floor calc method + option from setup form
[change] removed old http server as was non operational
[change] cosmetic and layout improvements to setup by Sigi DH1KLM
N1ZLE

Postby N1ZLE » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:08 pm

Thanks for all the hard work!! The "snow" is falling and looks great!!!
If it's not broke, fix it until it is :shock:
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:08 pm

N1ZLE wrote:Thanks for all the hard work!! The "snow" is falling and looks great!!!

:D
PD3LK

Serious MIDI issue

Postby PD3LK » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:26 pm

Hi Ramdor and all

Installed pre-release 6 yesterday, i'm very happy that my Hercules Serato (DJ Control Starlight) is working fine now.
I also had to start with a new database to get midi working so i'm not sure if this has been solved in the previous pre-relase or by the fresh dBase.
Who cares :)

There's one problem though (bug?), after i did almost all buttons, wheels and knobs i did "Save Mapping" (name DJControl Starlight).
Don't try this guys ... all settings are gone, the Midi Controller Setup pane gets blanc and stays blanc.
Haven't found a quick way yet to solve this, had to reinstall Thetis.

regards, Leon
Last edited by PD3LK on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73 PD3LK Leon
ramdor

Re: Serious MIDI issue

Postby ramdor » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:40 pm

PD3LK wrote:Hi Ramdor and all

Installed pre-release 6 yesterday, i'm very happy that my Hercules Serato (DJ Control Starlight) is working fine now.
I also had to start with a new database to get midi working so i'm not sure if this has been solved in the previous pre-relase or by the fresh dBase.
Who cares :)

There's on problem though (bug?), after i did almost all buttons, wheel and knobs i did "Save Mapping" . (name DJControl Starlight).
Don't try this guys ... all settings are gone, the Midi Controller Setup pane gets blanc and stays blanc.
Haven't found a quick way yet to solve this, had to reinstall Thetis.

regards, Leon

You could have removed all your old settings by just deleting each one from the ui. This would be required because starlight is handled uniquely in the code and will now generate different controlID's which will be different to your old ones.

fwiw midi config is saved into midi2cat.xml, and does not do anything to database.xml

With all my testing, and i've done a lot, I have not seen what you are reporting, so I am not sure what you did.
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:14 pm

Hi, i just repeated it 10 min ago to be sure the issue is still there ... sadly, same result.

Have to rebuild all midi settings again, there's no way to load them back in Thetis.

See Pict 2 then Pict 1
Also midi2cat.xml added

Btw i choosed to do a clean install because i saw no way to delete some previous midi controllers that i used in the past.
Strangly enough they are stil visable in the .xml

r/Leon
Attachments
midi2cat.xml
(16.04 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Midi issue 2.png
Midi issue 2.png (5.09 MiB) Viewed 7608 times
Midi issue 1.png
Midi issue 1.png (5.14 MiB) Viewed 7608 times
73 PD3LK Leon
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:27 pm

Note: i deleted midi2cat.xml and started to program the wheels again.
They work great until i do Manage Mappings - Save Mapping As
After that...same result.
73 PD3LK Leon
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:02 pm

midi save mappings as are broken, and it seems like they have been for ages at least in my test with a version of thetis from before my ownership, at least for 4yrs +

You can see it happening here with a quick test of a very old version : https://youtu.be/bgqjkQrGx94

Do not use save mappings or organise mappings as it is all broken. Just add your mappings, then hit the save button at the bottom of the midi form. I am not planning on fixing any of that 'save mappings' stuff. Someone else can do it if they are so inclined.
ramdor

Postby ramdor » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:27 pm

@scott please close/lock this thread thanks.
PD3LK

Postby PD3LK » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:42 pm

ramdor wrote:midi save mappings as are broken, and it seems like they have been for ages at least in my test with a version of thetis from before my ownership, at least for 4yrs +

You can see it happening here with a quick test of a very old version : https://youtu.be/bgqjkQrGx94

Do not use save mappings or organise mappings as it is all broken. Just add your mappings, then hit the save button at the bottom of the midi form. I am not planning on fixing any of that 'save mappings' stuff. Someone else can do it if they are so inclined.

Np, saw your test on Youtube, thanks!
73 PD3LK Leon

Return to “Thetis”